Chapter 25

They spent time distancing themselves from the store. Natasha and Yelena were both being snarky at each other, and somehow the attention turned to him.

Percy was frustrated with Yelena for giving him a long speech on how he should treat a woman. Percy knew to treat women with respect because they were awesome. He had an amazing girlfriend who he treasured and adored. He loved the way Annabeth wielded her weapons and the gleam against her blonde hair.... and he was getting lost in his thoughts again.

He refocused, and struggled to come up with the task at hand. Right, he was getting a lecture from his aunt from the display at the store earlier. It was not his fault. He was innocent, but Kelly, the monster, had to come and convict him of a crime he did not commit. But Yelena could not know that. So he ended up looking bad.

Natasha was enjoying herself. She had a smug grin on her face that hadn't been there a few second ago when Yelena was tearing into her. Making jokes about how she really was a widow with her trying to chew out Percy's father. Percy laughed because he had said something similar.

Everything was going on until Natasha gave Percy a stern look and said in an oh so innocent voice. "I thought you had a girlfriend? So why is this girl coming to chase you down and hurt you?"

That had gotten Yelena fired up. "You should not call a woman a monster. Even if she is a raging...." More words.   Wait, why was she allowed to called Kelly that?   More words.  

"Yelena he isn't paying attention." 

Percy had clocked out.  But his oh so lovely mother ratted him out.   Natasha was having a lot of fun at his expense.   Percy looked down at the side walk wondering why the crack was bigger on this side.  Was it the way the side walk was positioned?  Maybe it was the placement of the soil?  Annabeth would know.   She was super smart...

Percy got hit on the head.   "Pay attention," Yelena said.    Percy was jolted back into the present situation again.   He rubbed the back of his head.   "You need to learn from your cool aunt."

"You know you complain about Natasha being a mother, but...".   Yelena gave Percy a stare.   Percy stopped talking.   

Yelena smiled sheepishly which did not suit her at all, because she was not shy.  She was acting coy and it was unnerving Percy. Percy edged away from his aunt. "If you want to keep your body parts learn from your aunt."

Natasha broke out laughing and Percy held a look of disdain. "You don't even know what happened and your threatening to disembowel your only nephew."

"Awe, I didn't know you were so sensitive," Yelena said.

"Yelena..." Natasha let out a warning voice. "Too far."

Yelena shrugged, but she knew that it was a little too far. "But kid, seriously, talk to your aunty."

"I can't tell you because it has too do with my father," Percy said.

And that's when the two Russian speakers began talking to each other. Percy let out a frustrated breath. Why couldn't they just tell him? Natasha already slipped and said bad things about his dad.

Russian Speech:

"I keep on hearing about his dad.   You know something Tasha."

Natasha nodded solemnly.   "His dad and his family side would make the widow organization look like a joke."

Yelena looked at Percy again examining him.   "He did seem like an okay fighter, but I don't know Tasha.  Are they really that good?"

"I can't get into the specifics, but Percy isn't normal.   Let's just say when he was living in the avenger's tower with me the bathroom seemed to explode out of nowhere."