Chapter 16

"Percy," Steve called.

"No," Percy yelled back.

"You are going to have to come out of there eventually."

"Not until I finish my cookies."

"You shouldn't eat them all!"

"And you shouldn't be babysitting a 17 year old.  I guess we all do things we shouldn't do."

Percy heard Steve sigh from the other side of the door.   He had won and he was free to consume his blue cookies in peace.

Well that was the case until someone kicked down his door.   Percy stared wide-eyed at the broken door. 

"There is something called boundaries Steve," Percy said. 

He held his cookies away to protect them.  "If you try to stop me from taking the cookies I will throw them in the trash."

A gasp sounded from Percy.  "Who would throw away perfectly good cookies?"   Percy put images of the monsters, but found that even that picture couldn't fit.  Even a monster would appreciate a good cookie.

Steve walked over taking away the cookies.  Percy pouted and looked crest-fallen.   "Don't look at me like that.  I am preventing cavities and making sure..."

"My happiness is gone," Percy finished.

Steve looked down at Percy and gave him a full lecture.   It was terrible.  Percy wished someone would come rescue him.  How could they leave Percy with Steve.  The torture.  

"Do you understand Percy," Steve said. 

"Huh?"

"Were you paying attention."

"Yeah," Percy said.   He got up and ran out of his own room.

"Percy don't run," Steve yelled.  

"Can't they are on fight or flight, and trust me Steve you don't want fight?"

"Percy," Steve yelled. 

When he arrived at the elevator and it opened there stood Natasha.   "Percy," she said.  Holding a black suitcase.  

Percy jumped in the elevator looking frantically.  Natasha noticed and was alert when Percy started pressing the close button violently.  

"Percy," Steve yelled.

Natasha calmed down when she noticed the threat.   She was ready to cut down the threat a second ago. 

"Bye Steve," Percy said.  The elevator finally closed.  Percy turned to Natasha.  "How could you leave me with him," Percy asked.

"Percy," Natasha started....

"His lectures...Oh the pain," Percy went on dramatically.

"Is that any way to greet your mom who..."

"Abandoned me to Steve."

Natasha looked up at the sky. "Sassy teenagers."

"They probably heard that complaint way too many times," Percy muttered. 

Natasha looked at Percy with a perplexed expression.  

"So where are we going," Natasha asked. 

"I didn't think that far ahead," Percy said.  They started walking towards the exit.  

"Okay, we'll do you want to check out SHEILD headquarters?"

Percy had heard about SHEILD from Natasha. When they were getting to know each other Natasha was honest about her work. His mom was a spy, and worked for an undercover organization. Just another Tuesday in the life of a teenage demigod.