Chapter 30

Percy did not know what to say as Nico said that it was his fault that they kept getting them in these scenarios. Usually he would just brush up a comment like that, but lately he had been thinking a lot about family drama.

Not by choice had he been thinking of drama between family. Percy left Natasha and Yelena to go rescue a few campers only to come back only to find world war 3.

He couldn't help but drag his family members into the issues that plagued him. "I am sorry your involved in this, Nico. We don't deserve what happened to us." Percy thought of the prophecy he had to face when he was 16. The fear he had felt. The relief when they thought it was Thalia and not him. Then Thalia joining the hunt and then the renewal of that fear.

"Percy I didn't mean to blame you. I am just..."

"Upset?"

Nico nodded. Percy shoved Nico. Then Nico looked over murderously. "Percy!"

Percy looked over and chuckled nervously. "You were so serious that I wanted to make sure it was you."

Nico rolled his eyes and huffed. He stared muttering something.

"What was that," Percy asked.

Nico shrugged. "Figure it out seaweed brain."

Percy got up. "Death breath don't leave me."

"Annoying," Nico muttered.

"I think you mean interesting."

"That's just another word for annoying," Nico said.

"No it isn't," Percy said.

"Yes, it is."

The others went in while the two were having their argument.    They saw something approaching in the far distance.   Nico and Percy looked over to each other alert.  

"Go," Percy said.  

Nico nodded, latching onto Percy and running into the shadows.  

When they arrived at the city instead of a place at an appropriate distance away so he could help his mom he lashed out.   "I meant close by..."

Nico was hunched a little as pain wracked his body.   "Dang it Nico, don't make me call Will.  This was dumb for two reasons."

"Can you yell at me later?  Preferably never, but when I can give you a decent fight." 

Percy sighed and looked frustrated.  

Nico stood up.   "Percy, I am sorry," Nico said.

"Just stop talking about it," Percy said. 

"I am sure she is fine.  Your mom knew what she was getting into."

"I said I don't want to talk about it!"

"Ugh!"  Nico exclaimed.   "I can't talk to you!"

Percy stormed off, but then stormed back.  He couldn't leave Nico alone in this state in case there were monsters.  

"Percy?"

"I am mad, but it's not your fault."

"Wow, your actually smart," Nico said.  

Percy smiled slightly.  A smirk starting to cross his lips.  "Don't you forget it."

"Next to Annabeth your pretty dumb..."

Percy sighed and thought of Annabeth's blonde hair.   It was shiny and...

"You always get like this whenever Annabeth is brought up."