Prologue.

Gulzaar's  POV.

' The day is yours to conquer if you wish to

' The day is yours to conquer if you wish to. Don't let the darkness of the night consume your planned out day. Dream it, conquer it, live it.'

" Trending on Instagram with 25k likes in just four hours. Whoa! That sounds like the Zaar Durrani I know"

I smile and flip my hair, rushing towards my bestie. Though she is younger than me by five years Laiba was always the little sister I wanted but never had.

"Eid Mubarak Bi. I love your hair. The curls came out beautifully." I give my infamous Zaar bearhug.

She just laughs, "Eid Mubarak to you too. Di, I love your outfit of the day. Slaying!"

"Ahan, and where is my Eid hug?", Just who I wanted to meet right now.

I run towards her, "Annie(Informal:Aunt)!! Missed you so much. Happy Eid"

She pats my cheek once we pull back, just the way I have known her do all my life. "Eid Mubarak bacha. You look beautiful today."

"Thanks Annie. Here are the gifts from Durrani Mansion. I have been entrusted with the responsibility of personally handing over the gifts to you all by Mrs.Noor Durrani." I bow slightly to finish my speech and they chuckle. Just on cue, the drivers begin filling the living room with all the gifts.

We all settle down on the sofa after all the gifts have been placed and Annie feeds me her sheer khurma and it tastes like always, delicious. The only person whose sheer khurma I like to have is the one Annie makes. She has magic in her hands.

"Annie!! You are the Best chef. But that's a little secret between us. Let's not tell mom about it", I whisper playfully in her ears. She gives her billion dollar smile to me shaking her head at my antics.

"Ashfu, baby I need your help with the shirt here. Come fast",Uncle Riz can't live without her for a moment also.

"Your husband needs your immediate attention Annie. He still can't go without you for a second." I tease her and she rushes towards her room blushing. Old love these days.

Laiba is busy receiving hundreds of Eid wishes from family and friends on the phone, poor girl.

I continue scrolling through instagram to see several comments on my Eid post. After all, I am Zaar Izaan Durrani.

"Laiba, keep the phone away for a second and come wish your brother here." I can recognise this deep baritone anywhere. That's Ahad Rizwaan Mir for you, with a poker face and a dominating edge to his voice. Can't he smile at least on Eid?

Laiba stops whatever she is doing and walks towards her brother, hugging him tightly asking for Eidi. She whispers something in his ears that turns the tips of his ears a light shade of red and then he chuckles putting over a bundle of notes in her hand patting her head. I see the exchange through the corner of my eyes, pretending to be engrossed in my phone.

"Bhai, won't you wish Zaar Di on Eid?"
Why does she have to put me in a difficult situation? I mean I am not a fan of him and he hates my guts, not the perfect combination you see.

He turns towards me with a stern expression, can he keep his attitude aside for a while? Before he utters something, we hear a ringtone blare. It's coming from his hands, I sigh in relief. Saved by the bell.

He immediately walks out the house as if his pants are on fire, you are not the only one who is blessing the caller  dude!

He still can't resist the sight of me, I roll my eyes. Not like I am dying for a glimpse of him. But before our families we pretend to be normal. We never really had a talk over this, but it's as if we have an unspoken promise of not revealing the reality of our relationship to our families. Perhaps, we both know it would hurt them.

"Bi! It was lovely seeing you today, I still have a few more gifts to distribute. Tell Annie I loved her dessert again. See you soon, babe"

"Come on Di. I am upset you are leaving so early. We would have a blast if you stayed. But I understand that the Durrani title comes with responsibilities." She hugs me tightly and I am off to my car.

I put my sunglasses back and put my hand into my purse to retrieve the car keys. But something crashes into me, is that a wall in the middle of the path? I barely manage to balance myself, not like I have a Prince Charming at my rescue.

"Can't you see where you are walking? If your eyesight is weak, wear spects not sunglasses." Oh it's not a wall. Something worse. Do I attract all the drama in the world or the drama chases me like a fucking stray dog?

"Oh I can see alright. Just didn't expect a wall in the middle of the road. And it's my life, I choose if I want to wear spects or sunglasses. None of your fucking business." I glare at him, after removing the sunglasses obviously. His annoying voice just put an end to my happy day.

He shakes his head, as if deeply disappointed in himself for even giving me the time of his day. He begins moving towards the entrance of his house, "Hey you! What's your problem haan? Was it so bloody difficult for you to wish me Eid just to make your sister happy? You ran out as if you ass was on fire."

He turns around so fast I was afraid he would have a whiplash. His eyes darkening in anger, "Control your mouth. This is not your castle where you can behave like the spoilt brat you are. I hate the sight of you, wishing you on any occasion is not on my priority list. I don't know how I tolerated your obscene presence for the last five minutes but I can't do that anymore. Do me a favour, just get lost from here", he whispers but in a tone so scary I would be amused with it if I wasn't hurt right now.

He turns around the next moment, taking long strides towards the living with a clenched jaw. I am numb. He called me a spoilt brat and obscene in one go and all I could do was stand and gape at him.

Nobody walks all over Zaar Izaan Durrani! Nobody means nobody. I will get back at you for this insult Ahad Rizwaan Mir. Pray to God I go easy on you.