8.

Ahad's POV.

" What were you doing with my wife yesterday in that cafe?", I question as blankly as I can. I am seething with untamed anger right now, I want to bury him six feet under the ground but that will not do me any good.

"Oh, so Mr.Husband found out. You finally bagged her man. I always knew you would get her in the end. Congratulations man." my hands fist under the table. Easy, Ahad. You still need answers.

"Answer me" I command.

"Well, it's not my place to say. If you are that desperate, you should ask your wife what went down between us." I grab his collars the next second . This bastard needs a punch or two.

"Don't fucking speak about her like that Siraj. I'll kill you", my voice booms out. He is scared but willing show.

"It's not Siraj anymore. I am Raj Mittal. The CEO of Mittals Inc. So you better behave properly, you are after all just a cop." I had every plan of punching him black and blue if I wasn't in my uniform and he wasn't in my police station. Its not legal if the accused doesn't have any charges on him. This fucker is purposely trying to provoke me so I lose my job and he can snatch my Gul from me. In his fucking dreams.

"She is my wife and mine in every way. Apart from business, if you even look at her the wrong way, you will be six feet under the ground the next moment. Cop or no cop, I will kill you with my bare hands if it comes to that. I don't give a shit about your title. Try me and you will know how powerful a police officer can be." I walk out of the station after that. I need to talk to Gul. I will go crazy without knowing the truth. It's Sunday today so she is most probably at our apartment.

Goodness, I have already started calling it our apartment. I thought it would take at least a year for her to mend my broken heart but she is magic. I forgot all the pain the moment she said Qubool hai on our Nikaah day. The feeling of happiness that had engulfed me in that very moment can't even be put into words. It felt as if I have reached my destination. When she accepted mom's proposal, I knew she was upto something. I would never believe the fact that she simply chose to marry me. I knew she had a weird theory behind her acceptance. Whatever it was, it was giving me her. So I jumped at the first chance I got. I wanted her to be mine lawfully. But I never in my wildest dreams had imagined it would be this way. That she would agree to marry me. But miracles do happen.

This Siraj just messed up whatever little chance we had together. What if she still loves him? But how can she, she is married to me. She is my wife.

Yes. But you never accepted her as your wife before. You always acted as if she was a sinner.

I was just trying to protect myself from a heartbreak. God knows I can't take it. And it was the only way to be with her without making it obvious. For her, this marriage is a sham. So she technically isn't wrong if she dates someone. Over my dead body.

She is mine. I won't let any fucker snatch her away from me. I will kill every man that will want to replace me. I might not show it, but she is my life. The only time I have lived normally in the past eight years is the first week of my marriage. Her childish antics, her laughter, her mischievous eyes everything was bliss. It felt as if everything has fallen into place.

I park my car in the front, walking straight into her room. She is sitting against the window, her dark circles clearly visible from the light falling on her face. Her nose is red meaning she was crying for a long time now. Fuck it.

"Gulzaar. We need to talk." She is startled at my voice.

She gets from there walking towards me, she stands a few feet away nodding me to continue.

"Where did you go yesterday after office? " I asked neutrally.

"I met up with the CEO of Mittals Inc in a cafe near office. He was Siraj. I found our when I met him there. " She says monotonously as if answering a stranger. It pricks my heart. Please don't ignore me like that Gul, I can't take it.

I walk closer, holding her face in my hands. I slowly pat her head, it's been so long since I last did it. She looks up at me shocked, I run my fingers in her hair. I know it always relaxes her. She tries to get out of my hold. Not happening.

"Gul, please tell me what happened there." I say as softly as I can.
"Nothing much happened there. We spoke about the contract renewal and the new policies to be implemented in our period. That's it. He asked a few questions here and there about my life and I did the same. He apologized for rejecting me back when we were teens. He also said he would love to see where this thing goes between u-...." That's it!

I pull her on me completely making sure there is no space between us, she gasps holding my shoulder to steady herself. I pull her waist closer burying my head in her neck. Her lavender smell making me lose control. Can I ever get over her? I inhale deeply placing a soft kiss on her milky white skin there. She shudders when my lips meet her warm skin, good. I place wet kisses from her neck to her throat, reaching her jaw. Her heavy pants are the only thing I can hear along with my heart beat.

Tell me again why did I stay away from my own wife for this long? She is a mirage, the kind that you can get lost in inspite of knowing it doesn't exist. I bite her earlobe once I reach there and she moans. And man is it tempting. Her trembling hands wrap around my neck her fingers running in my hair sensuously making me groan.

"You are married and very much mine. So he doesn't have a chance with you. He needs to stay away from you or else I'll kill him" I say my tone getting heavier at the end.

She places her head on my chest, just above my heart, whispering exactly what I wanted to hear, "I told him I am happily married"

"Are you now? I am sorry for bringing tears in your eyes. I was not in my senses yesterday when I saw your picture with him." I say guilt coating my tone.

Her head raises from my chest and I want to put her back there for an eternity. She makes me lose control.

Her eyes glisten with tears again and I curse myself for what I said yesterday.

"I could never even think about hurting you physically, how could you say such a thing. It would be easier to kill myself than killing you. If I knew me meeting Siraj would affect you so much, I would have told you before you got to know somewhere else." She states and the pain in her voice is enough to confirm I am going straight to hell for doing this.

I hastily wipe her tears, I haven't seen her crying in the last eight years. This is the first time she is opening up to me and I am glad we are making progress.

I make her sit on the bed, giving her water to drink. What have I done! How will I cover up for hurting her so much?

"Gul, did you have food?"

She shakes her head in a no. Damn it.

"When was the last time you had food? "

"Yesterday afternoon. I thought we will have dinner together yesterday but then it went down bad."

"Come on. Let's have lunch. You can't skip meals like that again, no matter what." I say strictly.

We have lunch together and then come back to my room. It is slightly awkward since we have practically been strangers for eight years now. But I know we will overcome all of that.

"I haven't slept the entire night Haadi. I want to sleep." I nod. I will come back when she gets up, she holds my hand before I get up.

"Sleep with me. Just like old times." She demands in her classic bossy tone and I chuckle. My Gul is back, in a better version of course.

I settle down beside her, and she leaps into my arms quickly. I place her head in my neck comfortably and we drift to sleep soon.