8.3 ☆

Standing up on the walkway looking down at Y/N and knowing she'll be leaving with Jimin soon has Taehyung all messed up inside, he's never felt so conflicted.

Yes he's confused, jealous and angry but is he really going about this the right way? He feels a connection to her, he doesn't understand it and wants to uncover the truth but did he overreact?

'Taehyung give her some space, you'll see her again." Yoongi comes to stand next to the younger agent, placing a hand on his shoulder and giving it what Taehyung assumes is supposed to be a reassuring squeeze but it doesn't really do much in the way of reassuring him.

"I was a total dick to her, the moment I walked in that room....the way she was looking at Guk."

"You were jealous?"

"Jealous, confused too."

"Why confused?"

"She was supposed to be my escape from this life."

"Ah." It clicks with Yoongi then, why everything seemed so tense between Y/N and Taehyung earlier. "So now she's a hybrid, now she's tainted by this life she's not what you thought she was? She's not the escape from this life, the normality that you wanted?"

"Is it terrible of me to think those things?"

"Terrible no but selfish yes."

Taehyung grimaces at Yoongi's response because he knows the older agent speaks the truth.

"I feel so fucking awful for speaking to her the way I did, for shutting her out. I know deep down she's probably telling the truth, that she doesn't know who or what she is and is just as confused as we are but in that moment everything I thought she was....that I wanted for myself was just gone."

"Yet you still look at her like she means something to you."

"That's because she does and I'm angry at myself for that because it only makes me weak, look at everything I've done so far since meeting her. I've disobeyed Namjoon, I put our team at risk and got you in trouble! I never used to make decisions like this until I met Y/N and now we've discovered she's a hybrid, that she's somehow connected to us and the organisation....I guess I was just confused. Do I really have feelings for her, do we have a genuine connection or is it something unnatural and will it come to bite us in the ass later on down the line when she turns on us but then....what if she doesn't turn on us but the connection she seems to have with Jungkook gets stronger. I don't think I could watch her pick him over me, fuck....this is so messed up hyung."

"I know kid, I know. I wish I had the answers for you but I don't....at least not yet."

"So what am I supposed to do? Just keep my distance from her until we know the truth or do I act on
my feelings regardless of how confused I am by them?"

"I can't answer that for you either kid, that's a decision only you can make. I've experienced what's it like to fall in love and it's probably one of the greatest feelings in the world but I also know the flip side of love and how it can completely tear you down to brittle and hallow foundations, I'm not the best to give you advice but what I can say is do what your heat tells you."

"What if my heart tells me to go down there and apologise?"

Yoongi laughs as he pats Taehyung's back, expression fond. "I would say you better do it now before she leaves."

Taehyung laughs, the anger and confusion from earlier slowly fading.

Follow your heart Taehyung.

((Question is will he? Please leave your thoughts as always 🥰💜 now that we know more about Taehyung's reasons for shutting Y/N out do we still think he was in the wrong? Also what did we think of Jungkook's interaction with Y/N? Thanks for your support guys, if I get time over the weekend I will upload more chapters 👀))