CHAPTER 7

Alex

The following morning, Nick had moved me into one of the guest rooms of his house. According to Nick, it was just temporary until I agreed to move into his room. The lycan part of me wanted to but the human part of me new this was moving too fast for me to process.

"Oh my god! We should get this shag rug and a pineapple lamp!" Emily laid on my bed with her laptop looking for room décor.

I rolled my eyes as I put my clothes in the closet. Nick was leaning against the door frame glaring at Emily. As much as I loved being alone with Nick, Emily being here aloud me time to think about everything.

I think the emotional distance between Nick and I was starting to get to him though. His piercing gaze watched me like I was going to run again.

"She doesn't need that shit. She can redecorate our room once she moves into it. And no fucking fruit lamps." He bit out in annoyance.

I abandoned putting all my clothes away to change the subject to Em's wedding. I picked up her wedding dress. Walking over to the bed, I shut her laptop to Em's annoyance and laid it on top of it.

"Let's focus on your big day. Did you even get shoes for your dress?" I asked knowing she's very last minute.

Emily had been prepping for her bonfire wedding. Apparently it was tradition ever since Nick's viking days. Somehow, it makes me wonder how many women he has been with. Ugh. Stop thinking about that Allie.

She rolled her eyes. "Of course I did. Who do you think you're talking to?"

She stood grabbing her dress and retreated to the adjoining bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Nick chuckled and smiled at me. "I'll let you get to it then."

His smile was warm and sexy making me blush. His eyes lingered on me for a moment longer before he pushed away from the door closing it behind him as he left.

"What do you think?" I turned to distractedly. Her dress had a ruffled white skirt and a deep v-neck sequined top. Her blonde hair was tussled around her shoulders.

I smiled. "It's gorgeous on you. We should put your hair up."

"What about you? You need to change too." She chastised. She went to closet. When I told her I was going to stay with Nick and Kristian until I transition, she filled my closet with some of her clothes since I did not bring much from California. Em is a major shopaholic. The clothes she gave me, didn't put a dent in her closet.

She quickly came out with a rose gold dress and nude heals. "Wear this one!"

"Isn't that too dressy for a bonfire?" She shoved the items into my hands.

"You're practically my maid of honor so you need to be just as fancy as me." She tugged at my sundress helping me change.