CHAPTER 3

Niklaus

We climbed into Sam's black Jeep Ranger to head to a party his new mate, Emily was invited to. She loved social events and Kristian and I were more than happy to attend with her. Except for Samuel. He was more of an introvert.

Sam gripped the wheel and glared at Kristian and I through the rear view mirror like we were children asking for the millionth time if we were there yet. We both smiled noticing we were really working on his nerves.

The venture helped with keeping my mind off Asa. Or Alex. It was like seeing a ghost when she walked in. I thought that maybe my dreams had started to affect my reality. The same face, eyes, lips, hair, and curved body. It was her. My Asa.

When she saw me with Mila, my chest ached with guilt. I never had a woman affect me as much as she did and now she was gone. Maybe my frustration was due to not being able to bed her at least once. Or not having her for years. Or maybe it was that she didn't remember me.

"Is it too much to ask if you two could not cause a scene tonight? We do not want to expose ourselves again and spend the whole night erasing our existence." Sam gritted as he put the car in drive.

"Look. I apologized and I took care of it didn't I?" Kristian smiled as he looked out the window. Kristian accidentally exposed his vampire tendencies last month when he was caught drinking some girl's blood.

Luckily when you are a born alpha like us, you can do a little mind control. With the exception of Kristian. Mind control and vampires is a two for one package. But I guess he is an alpha in his own society as well.

"Sam just wants to impress his mate who he had been waiting for the past one hundred years. I think we can manage not make a scene." I winked at Sam through the rear view window and he relaxed somewhat. In our pack, my word was law. Last thing I wanted was to prove that on the side of the road with and angry alpha lycan.

"I really like Emily in a non-meal like way." Kristian added. "She is fun and you're not."
Samuel growled. "Klaus.." He silently asked for me to control Kristian. Sam was on his last nerve.

"Calm down Samuel. He's just teasing." I shrugged. "But it is true."

"Aw. Mom, I think I angered dad." Kristian nudged my arm I couldn't contain my chuckle. I tried to massage my jaw to dispel the growing smile.

"We are here." Sam gritted.

Ugh. It was Mila's house. She was fun in bed but her talking was...anyways, I suppose I could find other ways to occupy her mouth.
Sam parked and pushed passed the crowd to seek out his mate. Kristian browsed the crowd as if looking for a snack. "Please try to be inconspicuous. Mila invited humans to her party."

"Of course." Kristian smiled and headed inside. Before I could follow, I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

"Klaus. I didn't know you were coming." The girl was petite with her small arms wrapped around me. She was pretty. I think I had sex with this human before. I must have if she knows me.

"Who's your friend?" She motioned toward Kristian's retreating figure.

"Would you like for me to introduce you?" I asked. I could already see Mila approaching jealously.

"Klaus." She gritted. She glanced between me and the girl next to me.

"Mila." I cooed. Hoping she would relax and not cause a scene. It was not like we were mated.

"Why don't you join us. I was about to introduce..." I fished for her name. I think she expected me to forget. She smiled and said Julie. "Introduce Julie to Kristian."