CHAPTER 2

Alex

I made my way down the road not caring where I was going. I just kept driving. I had no phone to call anyone and the loss of blood was getting to me.

I spotted a hospital just passed the miles of dense trees. I rolled in and admitted myself. Once my wounds were treated, I had borrowed a phone to call Emily.

The phone rang a few times before she picked up.

"Hello?" Emily's soft yet assertive voice came through the receiver. She sounded worried. It was my fault.

"Hey Em.."

"Alex?" She shouted with relief. "Where are you? Are you okay? It's one in the morning!"

"I know. I'm sorry. My phone died and I got lost." I lamented with a sigh. I sat in the hospital bed twisting the bed sheets in my hands. I didn't know how to handle what happened what I saw.

"Well, where are you? Where are you calling from?" She sounded like she was putting on her shoes to come find me.

"I'm in the hospital. I'm not sure where.." I winced at my lack of information.

"What? What happened?" Her movements have stopped. She had pulled her mouth away from the receiver to speak to someone. Most likely Sam. Knowing Em, she probably went on a witch hunt to find me.

"I...Okay, don't get mad. This is going to sound stupid and crazy.." I said trying to prep her for the story of a lifetime.

"Spit it out, Allie!" Em heaved.

I sighed before I began. "So, I went to this hotel, okay? I figured I would get a room and try again in the morning after my phone was charged. When I got there, there was this guy...He was hot. So hot. He asked me to join his friends for drinks.."

"Seriously Allie?" Em chided.

"I don't know what came over me okay?" I rushed out. "I don't do these kinds of things but...something about him...Anyways, I changed and went down for drinks and one of the girls didn't like me. She spilt her drink on me on purpose. So, long story short, I went to my room and showered. That girl came to my room and turned into a wolf! It sounds insane! But I saw it. She tried to eat me! Am I crazy?"

I finished my story exasperate. Emily went quiet on the line. "Did she bite you?"

"I'm fine. The doctor said I just have some scrapes but nothing major." Which is weird. It felt like I was being ripped apart..

Emily sighed with relief. "As long as you are okay. Do you remember the name of the hotel at least? That way I can pick up your stuff and come get you."

"What about my car?" I asked. Though it now has a huge dent from the impact of a wolf headbutting it.

"I'll have Sam drop me off and we will take your car okay?"

I nodded to myself. "Okay."

We hung up and I laid down to get some rest. This wasn't hard since I was exhausted.

The gashes in my arm and ankle were just tiny scabs now. It was so strange. I discharged myself but not without strange looks from the nurses.