EPILOGUE

Alex

I got out of the car and joined Nick to get the luggage from the back.

Nick opened up the hatch back of his jeep and gazed at me through his dark aviators. "Go inside, love. I will bring everything in."

"I can help." I said frowning.

He leaned down and kissed my nose. "Go inside."

I smiled then went inside the house. Our trip from California was finally draining me. I couldn't sleep on the plan afraid my beast would take advantage.

I headed to the kitchen for something to eat before I took a nap. I decided on some cheese and crackers.

I pulled out some gouda and began to slice it. The meaty sent hit my nose and I suddenly found myself feeling nauseous. My chest began to heave. I quickly tuned to the sink and began to throw up.

"Alex?" Nick dropped the bags in the entryway and rushed to me.

He lifted my hair from my face and began to rub my back. I spit out the remnants of the plane food into the metal chef styled sink.

"Fuck..." Nick cursed like he just realized something.

"What?" I asked as I used the extendable faucet to clean out my puke.

"You might be pregnant."

I turned to him as he stepped back and leaned against the island. "What? What about all the other women you fucked?"

He shook his head. "It doesn't work that way, love. Lycans and vampire can't reproduce with anyone but their mate."

"So you didn't think to maybe wear a fucking condom when we had sex?" I started to panic. Was I ready to have a kid right now?

"Condoms and contraceptives don't work for us." He said matter of fact. He seemed more excepting of the situation.

"We don't know for sure." I said but I didn't wholly believe my own words.

Nick nodded not trying to upset me more. "I can get some tests. We can double check but love, we don't get sick. We don't get cancer or other diseases. If you are throwing up..."

I nodded understanding. He closed the space between us and held me. His lips kissed the top of my head making me relax in his embrace.

"We will just have to move the wedding to sooner. That way you can fit into that sexy little wedding dress."

I laughed and hit his chest. "You weren't supposed to look at it."