CHAPTER 8

Alex

I headed down stairs. My heart felt full. Full of thoughts of Nick. I love him. Only time will tell where this weekend will take us.

I floated down the stair case to the front door when a woman with honey blonde hair and blue eyes walked in. She looked at me and frowned. Her arms crossed as she looked me over and gazed past me up the stairs.

Did she also have a relationship with Nick. I felt sick. The elated feeling I hard before came crashing down remembering the reputation that came with being with Nick.

Should I have given in to him so easily? Maybe I gave in too easily. Played into loving him like everyone else.

"Where is Nick? Upstairs?" She brushed passed me to head up stairs when Kristian rushed in grabbing her elbow.

"Hilde." He hissed. "Don't do this..." He glanced toward me worriedly.

She shrugged him off. At that moment Nick had exited my room staring blankly at Hilde. The sight of her had given him pause. He slowly strode down the stairs. His gaze never wavering from hers.

"Niklaus." She smiled reaching for him with her perfectly manicured hand. Her tight silver shimmering dress hugged her model like body.

"Hilde." He replied giving her a hug at the bottom of the stairs.

I didn't want to watch anymore. Nick had not even acknowledge me from the moment he saw her. So I took the distraction to duck out.

I walked out of the house and headed into the crowd of people. Emily was laughing and dancing with her new husband. She was so lucky to have someone who loved her so much.

Emily saw me and waved. I smiled and waved back. I didn't want to bother her on her special day, so I headed away from the party not really wanting to mingle with anyone.

As I neared the tree line, I looked back. I was quite a distance from the party. That's when the tightness in my chest released into to hot tears. I stayed there for a minute to gather myself. Emily would eventually be looking for me. Pushing my feelings for Nick aside with a deep breath, I began go back to the wedding party when a painful lurch wracked my body. I fought myself from falling to my knees. The nausea hit me again and turned just in time to vomit into the brush bracing myself against a tree. Pain stretched and tugged at every bone and nerve in my body. Beads of sweat formed on my brow as I fought the change. Fear of not being able to control the monster inside me, I pushed myself further into the woods needing the distance.

I was alone and terrified. What if I kill someone? I had flashbacks of my attack. It just made me more nauseas and disgusted with myself.

I couldn't get far before a hand grabbed my forearm. The shiver it sent through me. I knew it was Nick.