12

Jake POV:

"When I was young, I went on a trip with my parents. We were at the sea. We hired a boat. When we were sailing our boat started shaking then we drowned... I saw a ship behind us and a man was smiling." She stopped talking and tried to hold her tears. I patted her back.

" I was good at swimming, so I could survive, even tho it was very hard and needed much strength... Of course after that I really didn't know what to do. My auntie let me live with her. She had a son and a husband. But then they wanted to live in Germany. I wanted to stay in Korea so I decided to live alone. I was 13 years old. " She paused. "And.. after the accident, when my parents passed away, I've been afraid of the sea. So I stopped swimming and it got worse."

"Hey it's alright, you don't have to cry."

"I think the man is right. I'm really selfish." she sobbed. "Hey don't say that. You couldn't do anything. He is a bad man and he isn't right! If he ever talks to you again you can tell me, alright?" She nodded.

She rested her head on my shoulder. I patted her head. I felt like I should protect her. My heart was also beating fast.

She fell asleep on my shoulder, so I laid her on the bed and went to sleep too. But I still kept an eye on her.

.

Today's the day our trip ends.

When we arrived at our school, the teacher bid goodbye and everyone went home.

Sunoo talked to Eunbi for a bit and left then too. My friends also went home. There were only Eunbi and I. She looked at me.

"I'll bring you home." I said. "No, you don't need to. I don't want to bother. I can go home myself." She refused. I told her that I'll follow her anyways. She sighed and we went to her house.

When we arrived at her house, she thanked me and asked me if I'll go in too. "I'll make you some food, as a 'thank you'.", she said and smiled. Cute. I nodded and went in.

It was a very comfy place.

"Here, sit down. I'll cook something. You can watch some TV or do something else." she told me and pointed at the sofa. Then she went to the kitchen and started cooking something.

Her phone was on the sofa and it rang. I took it and it was an unknown number.

Is it that man again?

" Eunbi, where is the bathroom." She pointed at a door. I went inside the bathroom with her phone. I answered the call and waited for someone to talk.

"I want to talk to Eunbi, not to her hero." It was him.

How did he-

Maybe he was just guessing or there were cameras inside the house. I stayed calm and answered him. "She has no time to talk right now. You can tell me, what do you want?" I said. He just laughed and said "Tell her, that I miss her." Then he ended the call.

Calm down, Jake. Just think about it easily. I thought. I left the bathroom with her phone and sat on the couch, while checking what she was doing. She was still cooking. I have time to think about it.

There are definitely cameras in the house. I had so many questions, but no answers. Plus, he said that he misses her. Maybe that means he'll meet her again. Who knows what he'll do to her.

I have a plan for now..

.

We ate and then I asked her if she wants to stay at my house for the weekend and the 5 days after that off.

"Huh, why tho?" I looked to her with mixed expressions. She noticed, that something was wrong. I think Eunbi trusts me after all. She knew that I wanted to protect her. She nodded and started packing after that.

.

"Let's go." I said and we left her house.

"What about your parents? What if I'm a bother?" She asked. "They're in Australia to do some things. They'll come back in like 3 weeks." I said and she nodded.

We arrived at my house and I let her in. She was amazed by the house.

"You can sleep in my room. I'll sleep in the living room then." She nodded.

My phone made a sound. I looked at who was texting me.

______________________

02'

hoon: Hey, Jake since your parents aren't at home, can we come over?
jay: Yeah let's do that. what do you say Jake?

_______________________

I sighed. It just wasn't the right time. And they would think that I'm stupid for liking the person I bully. How should I tell them about this..?