𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑎

Last night was

Terrible.

I promised myself that I would never let my guard down, I would never go to any parties.

But yesterday, I did. I freaking did that. I went to a party. And then what happened? I freaked out because of a stupid guy and ran into two other guys, who scared the shit out of me.

But one of them was Sofie's brother, and the other was his friend, so that calmed me a little bit. after a while.

But the other guy was kind of weird, he scared me so much that I wanted to run away but I couldn't because my heel was broken. 

Everything scares me now.

Everyone scares me now.

I wonder how I will survive in this world if I continue being like this?

Sofie called me in the morning and asked me if I was okay and what the hell happened last night but I didn't tell her anything because I didn't want her to pity me and treat me any different.

I just lied and told her that I felt suffocated.

She insisted on coming and seeing me but I told her it was okay.

But then, I decided to go see her. I don't want her to get hurt. She's the only friend I have in this world. I should at least try to be a good friend to her. She's so good to me.

I called her and asked for her address. She seemed surprised at this but she gave me her address

I got ready and now, I'm walking towards her place.

The weather is quite pleasant so I decided to take a walk towards her place as it's quite near.

Walking makes me feel good, it helps me take my mind off things, and sometimes, just sometimes I believe that I'll be okay one day.

That day will come, I am sure of that.

I'll be completely okay. 

I hope.

*********

I shouldn't have come here. It was a mistake. I'm stuck now. Not only did I meet Sofie here but I also met her brother and I can't believe what he just asked me.

I'm shaking and Sofie is looking at me suspiciously.

"What's wrong?" She finally asks. 

"I- Your brother...," I leave my sentence hanging. 

"He asked you out, didn't he?" She asks. I nod.

"Say yes, he's a good guy. Won't be a jerk or anything. He's a softie." She says.

But that's not the only problem. I am the problem. My last experience was the worst. It still gives me nightmares. 

It still doesn't let me be okay. I don't want anyone to know what I've been through and what I am still going through.

It's going to be so risky that I have to say no. Even though I want to be normal, this...

This is just too hard.

"I don't know about that," I say.

"The choice is completely yours, it's quite impressive that he asked you out in those three minutes when I was in the washroom."

"I'll think about that," I mutter.

"What did you say to him?" She wants to know. I look at her and shrug.

"I just said, I'll think about it. He came with his friend, so I didn't know what to do, he scares me. His friend scares me." I tell her. Part of me is feeling great that I'm talking to her comfortably but part of me is scared. 

Scared of what might happen if I do end up saying yes.

"Cole? You're scared of Cole? And don't worry, Wyatt and Cole are always together, But I'll make sure he doesn't third-wheel on your date, not that he's ever done that but still." 

"Um, yes. He's quite scary." I say.

"No need of being scared of him, he's a nice guy. He's just an asshole sometimes but that's bearable too."

I don't say anything at that.

"Do you think I should say yes? Is that okay for you?" I ask her. I don't even know why I'm asking her that, I don't even plan on saying yes.

"Of course, it's going to be great. But if he hurts you then it's going to be war. So he better not do that, but Stella he seems pretty serious about this because he brought Cole with him when he was asking you out which means he was nervous."

I nod again.

"Oh, okay."

"Here, this is his number. You can call him or text him or just ignore him. That's up to you. To be honest you're the first girl that's made him nervous and I'm loving this."

She grabs my phone and saves his number in it, it's quite surprising that she's so willingly telling me to go on a date with her brother.

She explains that a bit later.

"I want you to say yes because you're the first girl who seems decent enough for him to date and you're my friend, if he does anything you'll have me to fight him for you. And Stella, you need to get out of your shell, it will do you good. I promise." She squeezes my hand and gives me a reassuring smile.

And I would be lying if I say that her words didn't convince me.

And that's how I ended up calling him.