Chapter 6 ♡Defend♡

Third Person's POV

          Yosetsu didn’t want to deal with Kai at this moment, especially when Creati was with him. It’d bring such a bad impression for her and getting her into this situation would make things worse. This third-year student really just doesn’t know when to stop.

“Yo, poor boy!! You suddenly got yourself a pretty girl like this one?” Kai placed his hands on their table. He then looked at Creati and spoke, “Must be disappointing for you to be with him, huh?”

“Umm..he and I aren’t dating,”she replied.

This made Kai smirked and leaned a bit closer, “Really now? You know I’m quite available any time if you’re interested to know me more.”

He was getting on Yosetsu’s nerves immediately. He leaned to Creati’s side and whispered to her, “Just ignore him. It’s better that way.”

She was about to follow what he said to her, but knowing quite enough on what Kai truly is and how he treats his other schoolmates, she started to feel like it’s needed to say what’s on her mind.

“I’m pretty sure seeing you hurt and bully us first years, especially my friend right here, is enough for me to know who you are. I have eyes after all so I’m not stupid to know what you actually do to these innocent people,” she replied back to him with no regret of the words and attitude she used towards him.

It made the people around them shocked by what she said to him, making Kai’s anger rise by what Creati said. Yosetsu was completely surprised and was now a bit nervous on what Kai is about to do to her or him.

“Damn, for a woman like you, you got guts to speak to me like that,” the tone in his voice came out sounding like he was annoyed by her.

“Thanks, it’s too bad that a big guy like you can’t seem to find other words to fight back. Unless you’re scared,” she smirked at him which brought a loud ‘Oooo~’ around the cafeteria.

Kai angrily walked away from their table as he glared at the two, “You’re annoying.”

She waved at him, “Bye!”

          Once Kai was finally away from Yosetsu and Creati’s table, she felt proud of what she did but was also quite worried by the expression on Yosetsu’s face. He was incredibly shocked by the brave attitude she placed out there towards his own bully as no one was able to make Kai walk out like that.

“That...was...AWESOME!! That was so cool, Creati!! Like you just said all those things and the look of his face was priceless. You’re so amazing!” Yosetsu praised her which made her blush a little.

“Oh..i-it was nothing,” she shyly said, “I just did what I needed to say to him.”

“But it was something!! I’m kinda embarrassed now that you did that, I’m such a wimp for easily letting him step on me as if I’m a piece of dirt on the ground. Which is true though,” he chuckled to himself.

Creati frowned and disagreed, “That’s not true, you’re nothing like a wimp nor a piece of dirt. I’m very grateful I met you, Awase.”

Yosetsu blushed and became quite flustered, “It’s my p-pleasure, Creati.”

          The two of them soon continued to eat their lunch together peacefully with no distractions or interruptions coming from Kai again. Yosetsu and Creati talked a bit more on how her adjusting to their school was going and other random things that brought the two of them laughter and joy. Eventually, lunch ended and everyone slowly walked out of the cafeteria to go back to their classes again.

Time skip…

           Classes soon ended and it was time for everyone to head home. Students started to walk out of the school, either waiting for someone to pick them up or deciding to walk home by themselves or with other friends.

It’s quite natural for Yosetsu and his other friends to walk together. They live quite near to each other and near to school so walking was a no brainer for the four of them.

While walking out of the campus, Kosei groaned as he said, “I can’t believe we have so much homework to do. I was really planning to just sleep and do nothing for this weekend.”

“It’s the life of a high school student, Tsuburaba. We don’t get away with homework even if we want to,” Sen replied.

“I mean they’re mostly just written assessments rather than anything too special,” Hiryu said.

“But still!! I want to at least get a break from all of the work once in a while.”

Yosetsu chuckled, “The least we could do is finish them quickly so we wouldn’t have to worry so much.”

“Yeah, take it from Awase himself,” Hiryu agreed.

          The four of them continued to talk and laugh together as they were walking out of campus to head home. While they were walking out of the campus, Yosetsu noticed Creati standing all alone. Probably waiting for someone to pick her up.

As much as he knows he could leave her like that since she will get someone to pick her up, but he does feel bad that she’s standing there alone all by herself.

He then told his friends, “Hey guys, I’ll catch up with you guys a bit. I just need to talk to someone quickly.”

“Oh okay, we’ll wait here for you,” Sen said and the other two nodded.

They stopped walking and Yosetsu ran up to Creati just so he wouldn’t make his friends wait long.

He smiled at her, “Hi Creati!”

Creati turned to him and smiled back, “Hi Awase. What are you doing here?”

“I was just wondering if you need any company while waiting for someone to pick you up,” he suggested.

She shook her head, “It’s alright, I don’t mind waiting all by myself. You’ve helped me quite a lot now and I don’t want you to do so much for me.”

“You sure?”

Creati nodded, “If I need anything, I’ll let you know.”

“Well, okay then. If you want to hang out, let me know,” He smiled.

She blushed shyly and smiled, “Thank you, Awase. That means a lot.”

Yosetsu walked away and waved at her, “See you on Monday, Creati.”

She waved back, “See you too!”

As Yosetsu walked back to his friends, the three of them teased him a bit for walking up to Creati and such. He expected this coming from his friends anyway, but he didn’t mind.