Chapter 8 ♡Breakfast♡

Third Person's POV

          Yosetsu lazily got up from his bed as the ray of light seeping through the window woke him up. It made him annoyed that he had to get up a bit early but it is the weekend, he needs to use this time to be at least a little productive especially with the assignments he was given from school.

He went downstairs to drink some water until he saw a sticky note on the fridge. He walked closer to it and read what was on it.

‘Hello Yosetsu, your mother and I need to head to work a bit early. There’s some pancakes in the fridge for you and your sister to eat but you can choose what to eat for lunch. We’ll be back by dinner. Love you <3 -Dad’

(Yes...YUNA HAS RETURNED >:DD if you don’t know Yuna, she’s a character I made who is Yosetsu’s little sister)

          Yosetsu knew his parents would be off to work on the weekends. They both have at least two jobs just to earn more money for all of them, but he does feel a bit guilty that he couldn’t help his parents more. He can’t get himself a part-time job though, he has a little sister to watch over.

He opened the fridge and brought out the pancakes and pitcher of water to prepare for breakfast. The procedure was quite simple since all he needs to do is microwave the food a bit before serving.

Before he started to heat the pancakes, Yosetsu decided to wake up his little sister first so he wouldn’t have a hard time waking her up.

          Yosetsu went back upstairs and walked to his sister’s room. He slowly opened the door and saw his younger sibling sleeping peacefully in her bed, covered with a soft blanket as a stuffed toy animal was laying beside her.

He smiled softly at her and walked slowly towards her bed as he shook his sister a bit. “Yuna, wake up. We’ll eat breakfast soon so I need you to get up please.”

Yuna groaned as she shifted and faced the other side, a gesture to his brother that she didn’t want to wake up. Yosetsu chuckled and decided to tickle her to wake her up. His little sister tried to stay strong and hold in her laughter, until she couldn’t take it anymore and started to laugh from the tickles her brother was giving her.

“Onii-chan..!! S-Stop..!!” Yuna shouted as her laughing still continued.

“Not until you wake up,” he laughed too.

“Okay okay I’ll get up..!!” she continued laughing as she got up. His brother soon stopped tickling her and she was now up from her bed. “Is mom and dad not here again yet?” she asked.

He shook his head, “Sorry, they went to work again.”

Yuna frowned  and looked down, knowing their parents went early again without having breakfast with them. Yosetsu patted his sister on the head to cheer her up and said, “Don’t worry, they said they’ll be back by dinner later.”

She looked up to him and questioned, “Are you sure?”

He nodded to reassure her. Their parents do keep their promises when it comes to coming home. They may come home a few minutes or seconds later than they say it, but they still make sure to come back at the time they arranged for themselves.

“Now come on, let’s prepare for breakfast,” he smiled

“Okay, I’ll fix my bed first,” she said in which Yosetsu nodded. He walked out of her room and walked to his room to grab his phone.

Yosetsu went to his room and grabbed his phone. He opened it to see if there were any messages or notifications he needed to check, until he noticed a notification that Momo Yaoyoorzu herself replied to his comment.

          He was a bit shocked, almost doubting that it wasn’t true as he checked to see the full notification. Until he saw that she herself really replied to him. Yosetsu couldn’t help but smile as he felt excited and overjoyed to know that a celebrity like her actually read his comment and took the time to reply to him too.

The rest of his other notifications were just other messages from his friends and from his other social media, but the one that really made his day was the notification that came from Yaoyorozu herself.

Time skip…

          Just like every other morning for breakfast, Yuna would always be so cheerful and happy as she would tell stories to Yosetsu and their parents. She remains energetic most of the time which brings so much joy to him and their family.

As they both continued to eat their pancakes, Yuna asked her brother, “Onii-chan, can we go to the convenience store and buy some juice?”

“Oh, sure! We can buy some when it’s almost lunch time. I still have a bit of homework to do.”

“Okay!”

Yosetsu isn’t one to complain over the work they are given, but that doesn’t mean he can't feel a bit lazy in doing them. However, just like what he said to his friends yesterday, better to start the work earlier than later.

“Onii-chan! Shouldn’t you tell me about the new student at your school?” his little sister asked.

He chuckled, “Well there isn’t much to say about her since she’s like all other people. She’s a bit shy though but she’s still nice.”

Yuna then asked him, “Is she pretty like a princess??”

Yosetsu blushed a little but still answered, “Yeah..she is.”

This made his little sister pout, “So Onii-chan doesn’t think that his sister is pretty like a princess..?”

He then decided to tease her and said, “Nope.”

She was about to tear up and burst into tears. However, he soon quickly answered, “You’re as beautiful as a queen.”

Yuna then smiled brightly and giggled at the compliment, “Aww thank you, Onii-chan!!”