Chapter 12 ♡Friends♡

Third Person's POV

“You guys are awfully staring at me weirdly. I’m now concerned if you three are alright,” Yosetsu pointed out while eating his sandwich.

They were peacefully having lunch once again until Yosetsu noticed his friends suddenly smirking at him. It really made him uncomfortable and confused, not knowing why they were suddenly like that.

“Already missing your ‘friend’, Awase?,” Hiryu asked.

“Yeah, you’ve been staring at Creati for quite some time now,” Kosei added.

Yosetsu blushed and lowered his head down due to embarrassment.

          They were going to have lunch together today, however, Creati was invited by Mina to have lunch with her and some other students. Yosetsu didn’t mind that she would join them so he let her be. As much as he wants Creati to meet new people and make new friends, he sometimes feels different not having her with him.

“Shut up guys, it’s not cool,” he said.

“Yeah right. You two were even having a moment outside this morning, I could’ve sworn you two were about to kiss,” Kosei snickered.

Yosetsu continued to blush even more, “S-Shut up..!! We weren’t even going to do that. Creati was just cleaning my wounds while we were talking. Nothing else, just that.”

“Sure it’s just that,” Sen replied with a smirk.

Yosetsu groaned, “You guys are too annoying to hangout.”

          It is no doubt that both Yosetsu and Creati were quite close to each other, close enough that they could possibly kiss. However, they were just as close as that simply for Creati to clean Yosetsu’s bruises. It did make him blush by the thought that if ever Yosetsu kissed Creati, would she even reciprocate it?

The two just met but they are close enough to be friends, best friends if they knew each other like the back of their hands. He does admit that he finds Creati pretty and really nice, yet he wouldn’t think that he likes her just yet, he would have to get to know her first before something else evolves.

He watched Creati from a few tables away from theirs. He could see her laugh from the jokes her other friends were saying which he could tell that Creati was happy and was feeling comfortable around them too.

Yosetsu took another bite of his sandwich before he admitted, “I guess I’m just used to hanging out with Creati that sometimes I forget she has other people she’s made friends with.”

This made his friends a bit surprised, as much as they could use the opportunity to tease their friend, they do understand where Yosetsu’s coming from.

“It’s normal for you to feel that way, Awase. I think every one of us has experienced that our friends have other friends too,” Hiryu said.

“Yeah, Creati hanging out with other people could really help her confidence around others and being able to socialize with others,” Kosei agreed, “Even being comfortable around the school setting itself would help her a lot.”

“Yeah I guess so,” Yosetsu replied.

Sen then spoke, “Awase, it’s normal for you to feel that way, but just watching you and Creati hanging out together is kinda nice.”

“Kaibara, didn’t I just say Creati and I aren’t-”

Sen then cut Yosetsu off and said, “I know you two aren’t a thing or anything, but Creati shows more comfortableness around you simply because you were the one who helped her out in the first place. At some point she would eventually hang out with other friends and such, but I’m pretty sure you will always be Creati’s friend.”

“Huh..I guess you’re right,” Yosetsu replied as he slowly took another bite of his sandwich, “Thanks guys, I needed that.”

Kosei then patted Yosetsu’s back and smiled, “No problem man! That’s what friends are for.”

Hiryu then teased, “Although the part where you two aren’t together yet, we’re still sort of getting that vibe from you both.”

“I’ll kill you all,” Yosetsu glared at his friends while they just laughed.

Time skip…

“Awase, is it okay if you wait with me until my driver comes here?,” Creati asked.

“Oh sure, I can do that,” Yosetsu smiled. He turned to his friends and said, “Is it okay for you guys to go ahead without me?”

“Sure thing bro, everyone else is leaving quite quickly anyways,” Hiryu said.

Yosetsu smiled, “Thanks guys, see you tomorrow.”

“See ya!,” Kosei waved before the three of them walked away and headed home together.

Yosetsu and Momo walked to a nearby bench that was by the area where cars would go and pick up their kids. They both sat down and waited for Creati’s driver.

“Thank you so much for waiting with me, Awase. When I waited by myself last week, it kind of felt a bit lonely,” Creati said.

“It’s not a problem. I’m happy to keep you company while you wait. I walk going to my house so I’m alright.”

“How about your sister? Isn’t there someone watching over her?,” Creati asked.

“My parents are the ones who pick her up during school days, and her school ends earlier than ours,” Yosetsu explained.

“Ohh I see,” she replied. A hint of blush was shown on her cheeks as she shyly thanked Yosetsu, “Oh and umm..thank you for calling me pretty last weekend.”

He blushed furiously as he soon remembered it. He lowered his head to hide the heat of his face and replied, “Y-You're welcome.”

A bit of silence filled in between them. Creati mentally smacked to herself, realizing that bringing up such an awkward topic could lead to them being in awkward silence.

“B-By the way, how was hanging out with some of our schoolmates? Did you have fun a while ago at lunch?,” Yosetsu asked to break the silence.

“Y-Yeah actually. Ashido and Jiro  introduced me to some of our other schoolmates who are in the same year as us like Uraraka, Asui and Hagakure. They’re all so nice and amazing! Kendo also introduced me to some of her other friends too and they were all so great,” Creati happily said.

          Yosetsu knew some of the students Creati had mentioned, yet he never really interacted with them since they’re not quite close to each other. They are still on good terms either way and if Creati enjoys their company to make her ramble about how amazing they were, then he knows that Creati found the right people to be with.

“And it’s all thanks to you!”

“Huh?,” Yosetsu questioned, confused by what she meant by that.

“You were always with me to begin with and I’m already meeting such amazing people. I wish to repay your kindness, Awase,” Creati said.

Yosetsu slightly blushed and shyly smiled, “You don’t need to do that, Creati. I’m just glad that I was able to help you enough.”

“But still, I wouldn’t be able to come this far if it wasn’t for your help.”

“We haven’t even gotten through half of the semester yet,” he joked.

Creati giggled, “I know, but coming from someone who has never experienced how an actual school setting is and had to be homeschooled, means a lot to me.”

He chuckled and softly smiled, “I’m glad.”