Chapter 15 ♡Old Friend♡

Third Person's POV

“Todoroki! Good to see you again,” Momo smiled as he walked towards her and her mother.

          Shoto Todoroki was also a young and famous model in Japan. However unlike Momo, his modeling career happens every once in a while due to wanting to focus on his school before he could move to the celebrity life after he graduates.

Even so, he is one of Japan’s heartthrobs who captures the hearts of every girl even without doing much. Shoto usually carries a calm and emotionless face but despite this, he still is able to make women fall for him.

Admittingly, Momo does think Shoto is quite handsome and despite the scar over his left eye, he is still able to ignore it and just do what he does. He was quite grateful that his fans were respectful and still supportive even with his scar.

“Same with you, we haven’t seen each other for a while now,” Shoto said, “Nice to see you as well, Mrs. Yaoyorozu.”

Momo’s mother nodded and smiled back, “Nice to see you too, Shoto. You’ve grown quite tall and you’re becoming handsome and handsome everyday.”

He nodded, “Thank you ma’am.”

“Anyways, what are you doing here? I never knew you wanted to go to the malls,” Momo said as she pointed it out. She knew that he wasn’t much of a shopper himself.

Shoto then replied, “I didn’t have much to do so I decided to run some errands today. I couldn’t get some peace and privacy in a public area because some fangirls are getting pictures of me and wanting a selfie.”

As much as fame could be a happy thing for some celebrities, their privacy is still needed to be respected despite the fans showing their love and support.

Shoto doesn’t mind all that and is very grateful for his fans but just like every celebrity, he wants to live a good life privately every once in a while.

Momo giggled, “I know how that feels, but it’s better to wear some disguise before going out by yourself.”

“I find it useless to wear sunglasses and a cap.”

“But it still works,” she says proudly.

Shoto lightly chuckled, “If you say so. Anyways, I need to go now, it’s good to see you both again.”

“Bye Todoroki!,” Momo waved along with her mother as he waved back as well.

          Momo and Shoto were childhood friends and until now, both still are able to be on good terms and talk a bit. In fact, Momo was Shoto’s first friend ever. Both their families were close and just like Momo’s family, the Todoroki family was also filled with famous celebrities.

However, what made things complicated and awkward between the two was the fact that their parents planned on getting the two to marry each other in the future. An arranged marriage to be exact.

None of them felt a romantic way to each other which is why they disagreed with the possible plan of their families in getting them married. Feeling grateful, Momo and Shoto were happy to know that their families dropped the arranged marriage plan.

“We should invite the Todoroki family some time. We’ve all been so busy lately that we’ve never gotten the chance to relax and get together,” Momo’s mother said.

She smiled, “I agree, but you better not bring up the topic of me and Todoroki being together. You know we don’t feel like that at all, mother.”

“I know sweetheart, but you two were very close to one another. Imagine the future of our families being closer and the success we could build.”

“I get that, but you know an arranged marriage isn’t what Todoroki and I want.”

“Yes sweetie, I know,” her mother replied, “Alright, let’s just go to the tailor and see what gown to get for you, okay?”

Her mother knew that Momo didn’t want to bring up the arranged marriage topic again. It was her and her husband’s fault for not thinking too clearly for their daughter’s decisions and life.

Momo answered, “Okay, mother.”

          Soon, the two of them continued to make their way to the tailor for Momo’s dress. Momo had no thought or idea on what type of dress she would want, she usually would state out some opinion on what she thinks of the dress her parents would choose but overall, she has no clue on what she likes until she sees what’s available and possible to do.

They both made it to the tailor’s shop and boutique where a friend of Momo’s mother works there. The boutique itself was no doubt fancy with the different clothing hung up and folded that are already beautiful even from far away.

Momo remembered she used to come here with her parents sometimes, whether that’d be buying clothing, fixing torn or ruined clothing or just to simply meet their friend.

“Aoi! Good to see you!,” Momo’s mother said as soon as she saw her friend behind the counter.

She looked up to see her and Momo as a smile formed on Aoi’s face. “Oh my goodness it’s so good to see you both again!!”

Aoi and Momo’s mother gave each other a warm hug, happy to see each other and be reunited with each other once again.

They soon broke the hug and Aoi greeted the young girl, “Momo, you’ve grown quite a lot! How have you been?”

Momo smiled, “I’ve been doing well. How about you?”

She smiled back and replied, “I’ve been doing great as well. It’s been a while since we’ve last seen each other. How can I help you both?”

Her mother answered, “Well Aoi, there’s this event that my husband, Momo and I were invited to and Momo’s gowns were mostly donated and quite small on her. If you don’t mind, are there any gowns you may recommend for us to see?”

Aoi clasped her hands in joy, “Why of course! I have plenty of options just for her size. If you’d like to follow me, we can see which ones she would like to wear.”

“How does that sound, dear?,” Momo’s mother asked.

“That sounds wonderful,” Momo replied.

“Perfect. Right this way ladies.”