Epilogue

"Trick or treat"!
"Here you go. Love the costumes, guys"!
"Thank you"!
      The group smiled as the small group of elementary kids skipped back to their awaiting parents. After the fight at Asher's house, they opted to just stay at Charlie's house and hand out candy. It was a welcomed activity after the week of hell they went through.
     When the police arrived, they—along with Chandler and Riley— told them they were dared to go inside the house as a Halloween prank. Unknown to them, a deranged junkie was squatting there. A fight broke out soon after and the guy started the fire as he ran out of the house. They were let off with a warning based on the circumstances and escorted to the hospital.
     Charlie had two cracked ribs and a concussion. Jesse managed to only sustain a mild concussion. Raven had bruised ribs and a fractured wrist. Chandler, on top of a truck load of trauma, had a sprained wrist and bruised back. Charlie also informed what they found in the attic and the basement, great.y apologizing for them getting destroyed in the fire.
     The police told them they were just great-full the kids were alive. The next day, a drug addict actually confessed to everything. To killing Chandler's parents, to killing the couple and the college students, and to attacking the group in the house.
     Why he took the blame for everything, no one knew, but it brought everything to an official close. Chandler was formally adopted by Riley's mom and they were set to move two hours away from here. He had a long way to go after the hell he had been put through, but he would make it. He had a hell of a support system behind him.
      The friends no longer had to fear when Halloween rolled around. Neither did the people of the small town of Sayre. They could finally celebrate the spooky season freely and not have to look over their shoulders when they wandered the streets during Horror Town.
"Hey, Tawny. Creepy clown costume, two o'clock"!
"Oh, hell no"!
      Her friends teased and laughed at her as she ran into the house.
"No adventures next year, ok"?
"Way ahead of you".