Chapter 1 : Distance

Hey lovelies! I am back with the last part💖
I seriously suggest reading the last three books and this story won't make sense to you lol

-----

The morning sun shone brightly, waking the entire city. It was a lazy Sunday for everyone. The alarm rang in the Malhotra household and it was time for all of them to start their day.

Manik woke up first, annoyed with the alarm. He switched it off and turned towards his family, all of them sprawled over the huge bed. It had been one of those nights where all of them slept together in the same room.

Madiha had a habit of sleeping in weird positions like her brother and father. Everytime, the three of them would be sleeping in different positions. Today, her leg was near his face while Naitik was sleeping on Nandini.

He saw Madiha stirring too and she opened her eyes, trying to figure out what was happening. She stretched her hands towards her dadda who picked her up and placed her on his stomach.

"Good morning princess." Manik said, taming her hair.

"Dadda..!"

"Yes baby." Manik kissed her forehead and got up.

"Mumma? Tikki?"

Manik laughed hearing her baby language. Like Naitik called his sister Dia, she called him Tikki, and Naitik hated that.

"Let them sleep. Let's make something. First, brushy." Manik placed her on the platform and helped her brush her teeth.

"Eeeeee!" She flashed her growing teeth. Manik laughed, throwing his head back. If there was anyone who could lift his spirits after a dull day, it was his daughter.

"Dadda! Eeee!" She shook his arm with her petite hands.

"Okay!! Eeee! Happy?" Manik asked, acting silly.

The minute Manik Malhotra stepped outside the Malhotra Penthouse, he would have an intimidating aura, but in the confines of their home, he was just Manik, a loving husband to Nandini and a doting father to their little monsters, Naitik and Madiha.

After their morning chores, Madiha and Manik set out for their breakfast mission. Placing Madiha on the kitchen island, he prepared some omelettes.

"Wanna crack an egg baby girl?" Manik asked. Madiha nodded excitedly and held out her hand.

"Be careful, okay? Aise karo." Manik instructed her and she did it calmly, without messing anything up.

"Yay!!" She clapped her hands after Manik took the shells away.

"Yay!" Manik also clapped his hands and kissed her forehead.

The bond between Manik and Madiha was something totally different. Not only did they have that birthday connection, but their souls too. When Madiha was born, Manik felt complete. If Nandini was his companion and Naitik his confidante, Madiha was his pillar. His only fear had been that Naitik shouldn't feel bad. Luckily, Naitik was a Maa da Laadla while Madiha was Daddy's Little Girl.

"Good morning darlings." Nandini came into the kitchen, yawning. Manik looked at Nandini, who was dressed in a camisole and shorts, tying her hair in a loose bun.

"Good morning!" Manik pecked her lips and Madiha too.

"Itni jaldi kyun uth gaye?" Nandini asked, opening the door of the fridge to take out a bottle of milk.

"Bas aise hi. Socha aaj breakfast bana lun. Bohot time ho gaya family Sunday breakfast karke. It's like we don't even spend time properly." Manik said and Nandini licked her lips nervously.