Chapter 1: Charity Show

It had been almost 2 weeks since Kazuya joined the Tokyo Institute of Music and he had already made some good friends there. Firstly, he met Kenji's girlfriend, Miyuki Tanaka, a violinist, and pianist, she had dark brown hair that stopped past her shoulders and black glasses over her blue eyes. Next, there was Asahi Kimura, Kenji's neighbour, he played the saxophone and was also a vocalist, he had dyed light blonde hair and brown eyes. After that, he got to know Akane Suzuki, a vocalist, saxophonist and cellist, her hair was black, and she had a red tinge in her eyes. Lastly, he met Masanori Nishimura, Akane's boyfriend, a percussionist and drummer, he had short dark grey hair and brown eyes. And let's not forget about Kenji Sakurai, he plays the trombone and bass guitar.

"So, I heard there is this charity going on right now" Masanori exclaimed.

"Really, what's it about?" Akane asked.

"It's called TeamSeas and basically, it's a charity for cleaning the ocean from waste" Masanori explained.

"I heard about it, they say that for every dollar you donate, they will try and get rid of 1 pound of rubbish in the ocean" Miyuki stated.

"So why exactly did you bring it up?" Asahi questioned.

"Well, the Institute is being sponsored by them and we plan on selling tickets for a show to help in TeamSeas" Masanori answered.

"Wow, that sounds interesting" Kazuya said in interest, "Is there a theme?"

"Kenji should know since the director talked to him a while ago" Masanori replied.

"I was told that we should get a bunch of musicians together to play a water themed piece" Kenji explained, "And I thought that Under the Sea from the Little Mermaid would be fitting"

"That sounds amazing" Miyuki exclaimed, "What parts do we need?"

"2 Alto Saxes, 2 Tenor Saxes, a Baritone Sax, 4 Trumpets, 3 Trombones, 1 Bass Trombone, a Piano, a Bass Guitar, Bongos and a Shaker" Kenji explained.

"Awesome, we have parts in this so we should just get more people" Kazuya pointed out.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get to it" Akane encouraged.

For the next few days, the group managed to get other musicians to play the rest of the parts of the piece. They spent a rest of the week practising their parts until it was time to play on the big stage on Thursday. On Wednesday, Kazuya had to spend time with Chizuru because her grandmother wanted to see the two. The two of them still didn't know what Kazuya had been doing during that time.

"How are you two doing?" Sayuri asked.

"We've been great Grandma, how's your health?" Chizuru replied.

"I'm doing well thank you very much, I should be out of this bed by the end of the week" Sayuri answered.

"That's good to hear" Kazuya commented.

"So, have the two of you been spending a lot of time together?" Sayuri asked. Before Chizuru could come up with a story, Kazuya spoke up.

"Not really, I have been pretty busy with work, and I had some personal things to do" He answered.

"Ok then, I do hope you find some more time for Chizuru, don't want her being lonely when you're out doing something else" Sayuri said.

Afterwards, the nurse told them that visiting hours were nearly over so the two of them left the hospital and made their way back home. Chizuru felt a little suspicious about Kazuya and wondered why he came up with that story so easily. She decided to press him about it.

"Kazuya, could you tell me how you came up with that excuse so easily?" She asked.

"I mean, it was true, I have been busy with my job and had some other things to do" Kazuya explained.

"Ok then" Chizuru said, ending the conversation. The two said their goodbyes and went back into their respective apartments.

The Next Day

The Tokyo Institute of Music had everything set and prepared for the show, people were taking their seats and all the money that were spent on tickets were going to the charity. After everyone had been seated, the curtains of the stage and the director walked out to greet everyone.

"Thank you for coming to this performance that has been sponsored by TeamSeas" The director started, "Today, we will be playing Under the Sea from the Little Mermaid and all the ticket money is being donated to this charity, we hope you enjoy"

After he left, the conductor lifted his baton to start the music. Everyone got their instruments ready to play. Kazuya was Trumpet 2, Kenji was Trombone 2, Akane was Alto Sax 2, Asahi was Tenor Sax 1, Miyuki was on Piano and Masanori was on Bongos.

https://musescore.com/user/30926874/scores/6070614

The crowd enjoyed the sound of the music being played. Masanori played the Bongos without missing a beat and added a nice background sound to the piece. Kazuya and Kenji played their parts very well without losing a breath. Miyuki did a really good start and kept going at a steady pace. Lastly, Akane and Asahi were able to play as long as they could, breathing in between to keep up with the pace. After the show was done, everyone in the audience applauded as the musicians stood up and bowed. The director came up and spoke.

"Thank you for enjoying the show, we hope to see you again when another one is planned" The director thanked. Kazuya looked around and thought, 'I'm gonna enjoy being a musician again'.

'Allo governors, Jaden here. Just a quick note, I decided to give a shout out to TeamSeas. TeamSeas is a charity made by Mr. Beast and Mark Rober in helping to clean the ocean from rubbish. They are not sponsoring me, but I do want everyone to try and help them as well and tell others that they can help. All they need to do is donate $1 and they will remove 1 pound of rubbish from the ocean. I wish I could donate myself, but the donation thing does not seem to work in Australia. However, I'm sure you guys can so if you are able to, go ahead and help by supporting them. With that being said, I will see you next time. Cheerio everyone.