Chapter 5: Truth Be Told

Confused as to why Chizuru wanted to speak with him, Kazuya reluctantly let her into his apartment. After closing the door, the two sat at his small table in the middle of the living room. Luckily, he put away his instruments or she would be very confused as to what the large black cases were.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Kazuya asked.

"Before I ask anything, promise me that everything you say is the truth" Chizuru requested.

"Sure thing" Kazuya replied.

"Ok, what have you been doing these past few months?" Chizuru asked.

"Well, I have been going to university when I had to and afterwards, I went to work to make some extra money" Kazuya answered, "There were times when I had personal things to do but they were not common"

"Work you say" Chizuru commented.

"What? Is something the matter?" Kazuya questioned.

"Yes there is, you say you went to work but Ruka told me you quit your job at the bar" Chizuru exclaimed.

"I see, well, to tell you the truth, I got another job a while back and it clashed with the scheduling of the bar, so I decided to quit" Kazuya explained.

"That doesn't answer my next question though" Chizuru added.

"Huh?" Kazuya said in confusion.

"Not only that, but I've been told by Sumi that you don't help her anymore, Kibe said you have been distancing yourself from them and Umi says you have been seeing other people" Chizuru explained.

"What are you-" Kazuya began to say, but got interrupted.

"You better tell me the truth" Chizuru threatened.

Kazuya could see it in her eyes, she was extremely mad. He thought about coming up with something but remembered what she said at the beginning. Many thoughts went through his mind, he didn't want to be kicked again, but he also wasn't sure if the truth should be said since he didn't want to lose Chizuru. In the end, he decided to tell her the real reason.

"Alright, I'll tell you the entire truth then" Kazuya started.

"Go ahead" Chizuru replied.

"I have been distancing myself because I wanted to reflect, reflect on my current situation" Kazuya explained, "Ever since after you defended me from Mami, I wasn't sure as to how I could tell you this, it has been eating me away ever since"

"What do you mean?" Chizuru questioned, just like she did during that time.

"Back then, I told you that you were the one, because I fell in love with you" Kazuya confessed, Chizuru was shocked at this because she knew he liked her, but not to this extent, "But I remembered the rules you went by about clients and, I didn't want to lose you, so I made up that lie"

This made her realise that her own rules made him hesitate from what could've made him happy. Now she felt like an idiot telling him the rules now that she had fallen for him.

"So I distanced myself because I didn't know what else to do, I distracted myself by taking up my other job which worked alright I guess" Kazuya kept going, "But it made me realise how pathetic I am, falling in love with a rental girlfriend, and seeing how someone as great as you could never be with some loser like me"

"Don't say things like that" Chizuru cried.

Kazuya looked up and saw that Chizuru had some tears in her eyes. At first, he was unsure until the thought struck him, does she really care for him? Chizuru moved closer towards Kazuya and placed her right hand right on the side of his jawline while the other grabbed his shoulder side.