Chapter 2: Eyesight Problems

Over the course of 5 weeks, Kazuya had been really enjoyed being a part of the Tokyo Institute of Music. However, he had noticed a few days ago that his eyesight hadn't been as good as it used to be. It was getting harder to read his sheet music, he kept tripping over some very visible steps, and to make matters worse, he walked headfirst into a light pole. Now, he's sitting at the cafeteria holding an icepack against his head.

"Your eyesight really is getting bad, huh" Asahi commented.

"Honestly, I don't know how it even happened" Kazuya exclaimed.

"Does anyone in your family have eyesight problems?" Miyuki asked.

"I know my dad wears glasses and my grandmother does sometimes" Kazuya answered.

"Let me test your vision" Kenji offered before holding up two fingers, "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Uh, five?" Kazuya said in confusion.

"Ok, you definitely need glasses" Akane told him.

"I'll take you to the optometrist I go to, they should get you a good pair" Kenji exclaimed.

"Sure, that would be great" Kazuya thanked.

Afterwards, Kazuya and Kenji went to the optometrist to get his eyes checked. As they figured out before, he needed to get glasses, so he picked a pair that he liked and got them made for him after he got his prescription tested. The optometrist said that he will get them in 2 days minimum. Thanking the optometrist, Kazuya left and made his way home.

A week later

While Kazuya only got his glasses 4 days ago, he was still getting used to wearing them. There was a day when he accidentally fell asleep wearing them and took them into the shower with him. However, it didn't really affect him that much, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Today, he was making his way to university when suddenly, his friends came out of nowhere.

"Hey Kazuya" Kibe greeted from behind.

"What's up?" Kuri added.

"Hey guys" Kazuya replied, turning around. This took the two friends by surprise since this was the first time they saw him in glasses.

"What the, Kazuya, what's with the glasses?" Kibe asked.

"My eyesight is getting worse, so I needed to get them" Kazuya explained.

"I see" Kuri exclaimed, "How is it?"

"Still getting used to it but it's fine" Kazuya answered. After talking for a bit, they made their way to their respective classes for the day.

That night

Out in a secluded area, Kazuya, Asahi, and Kenji were out filming a video with the help of Masanori. They planned on doing a cover of the song "Running in the 90s" using Kenji's car as a set piece. Kazuya was playing guitar, Kenji was playing bass, and Asahi was on vocals. Masanori was doing all the camera work and will be editing it later.

"Everyone remember their parts?" Asahi asked.

"Affirmative" Kenji answered.

"For sure" Kazuya added. They all put their sunglasses on and started playing the music. After the filming, they all returned to their homes to put away their stuff. While packing away his guitar, he noticed that his bin was full, so he tied up the bag to go take it to the disposal area. Upon opening the door, Chizuru also was opening hers to take out the trash and they locked eyes.

"Kazuya?" Chizuru started.

"Oh, uh, hi Mizuhara" Kazuya greeted.

"When did you get glasses?" Chizuru asked.

"Oh, I got them a few days ago since my eyesight was getting worse" Kazuya explained.

"Well, it looks good on you" Chizuru commented.

"Thanks, Mizuhara" Kazuya thanked. The two talked for a bit before disposing their rubbish bags and going back to their apartments.

The next day

Masanori had finished editing the video and was close to uploading it to the Institute's Youtube Channel. Before that though, he decided to get the thoughts of the others. Everyone really liked the video, and it was eventually posted.

(I do not own the video, imagine Kazuya as RichaadEB, Kenji as FamilyJules, and Asahi as Jonathan Young)

"Man, what a great video" Kenji commented.

"Yeah, and I also got another person to do the sick guitar solo there" Masanori pointed out.

"Good on him, we should credit him" Kazuya suggested.

"Way ahead of you" Masanori exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention, the director has put up some jobs on the board" Miyuki told everyone.

"Nice, some more potential payments" Asahi stated.

"What is there that we can take?" Akane questioned.

After looking through the board, there were some that they decided to take part of. The group were going to do a job in an anime convention and play some music there. Also, Kazuya and Kenji would be in a Brass Quintet for a wedding to play Canon in D. There were also some smaller jobs that they decided to take as well to earn some quick cash. It was just then that Kazuya noticed that some of the jobs will clash with the Karaoke Bar shifts. Thinking about it, he decided that he'll quit that job the next day.

"By the way Kazuya, how's the song writing?" Kenji asked.

"Oh, it's going pretty well" Kazuya answered, "Once I finish writing up the lyrics and the sheet music, we should be ready to go someday"

"Alright then" Kenji said ending the conversation.

'I wonder if Chizuru will ever listen to it.' Kazuya thought.