Chapter 6: Musical Medley

The day was Saturday, and it was nearing the early evening. Chizuru was meeting up with Kazuya at the location that he told her to go. Upon arriving, she saw the building, the sign at the front read 'Tokyo Institute of Music'. This really intrigued Chizuru; however, the thought went away when she saw the rest of the friends.

"Hey guys" She greeted.

"Hello Chizuru" Sumi greeted.

"You know where Kazuya is?" Kibe asked.

"No, he told me to meet him here" Chizuru answered.

With a stroke of luck, Kazuya had just arrived with a bunch of other people. Chizuru recognised two of them, those being Kenji and Miyuki. Kazuya introduced everyone to his other friends and work colleagues. It felt great to know the people that Kazuya worked with in his new job.

"So, what exactly are we going to do here?" Kuri asked.

"You will soon see" Kazuya answered, "Everyone got their tickets?"

"Yup, all here" Ruka said as everyone showed their tickets.

"Alright, follow us" Kenji told everyone.

The group went into the Institute and made their way towards the main stage of the place. Before they entered, the musicians said that they will be there in a moment and to head in first. As they walked in, they found a place to sit themselves down and waited patiently.

"I wonder why they said that they'll be here in a moment" Kibe exclaimed.

"Who knows" Kuri replied.

A few minutes later, the show was about to begin and the rest of the group along with Kazuya had yet to take any seats in the audience. Chizuru was a little worried, worried about two things. The first being Kazuya might mis out, or the fact that Kazuya might be ditching her. She shook her head from the second thought, she knew Kazuya wouldn't ditch her, he loved her to the moon to even do that. The show started off with the director speaking.

"Hello and welcome to the Tokyo Institute of Music, today we will be performing a medley piece that was written by our sheet music production team" The director started, "A lot of our musicians are young who love video games and are performing this for the 35th anniversary of Mario, one of Japan's most beloved video game characters"

Bowing, the director walked off and the curtains of the stage opened to reveal all the musicians sitting or standing with their instruments. It was at this point, Chizuru and the others noticed that Kazuya was up there on stage with his other friends.

'So this is what his new job is' Chizuru thought. (I do not own the sheet music)

https://musescore.com/gdupertuis/updated-super-mario-galaxy-medley-for-concert-band

Everyone readied their instruments and began playing. Miyuki was Clarinet 2, Akane was Alto Sax 1, Asahi was Tenor Sax, Kazuya was Trumpet 1, Kenji was Trombone 1 and Masanori was on Drum set. As they played, everyone in the audience enjoyed the sound of the music. Chizuru was really surprised at how good Kazuya was at playing the trumpet. It was mesmerising to know that he had this talent. She wondered if he had practice in the years prior.

"Wow, I didn't know Kazuya was a musician" Ruka commented.

"Yeah, he's really good" Sumi added.

"Amazing" Chizuru exclaimed.

The sound produced by the musicians showed how talented they were and how passionate they are when playing. During the times when Kazuya had some solos with a few other instruments, he sounded crisp and clear to the ear. After the show had ended, the group went to the back area where they met up with everyone else.

"Amazing show Kazuya" Kibe exclaimed.

"Thanks bro" Kazuya thanked.

"I never knew you were a musician" Ruka commented, "How long have you been playing?"

"I took music classes back when I was 6 years old" Kazuya answered, "It was where I met Kenji"

"Indeed" Kenji replied.

"You all did amazing, I really enjoyed today" Sumi complimented.

"Me too" Chizuru agreed.

Later on, everyone left the Institute and Kazuya and Chizuru made it back to their apartment. So far, Chizuru was staying at Kazuya's place now, she was planning on moving over but needed to get some boxes later. The two were currently sitting at the table with Kazuya going through his laptop to show her the videos that he had been a part of.

"So you've been making videos at the institute?" Chizuru asked.

"Yup, we had a lot of fun doing so" Kazuya answered.

The first video he showed was him playing the opening theme of Super Smash Bros. Melee with everyone else. They were all dressed up as a character from the Melee roster. Kazuya was Roy playing Trumpet, Kenji was Marth playing Trombone, Miyuki was Peach playing Clarinet 1, Akane was Sheik playing Alto Sax, Asahi was Young Link playing Tenor Sax, and Masanori was Captain Falcon playing Snare Drum. https://musescore.com/pieridot/may-lee
(I do not own the sheet music).

"Wow, you look really good" Chizuru commented, "And pretty hot"

"Thank you" Kazuya thanked, "Miyuki helped with the make up for everyone"

The next video that was played was when they played at an anime convention. They played a medley of Fairy Tail music and it was wonderful to listen to. Kazuya did admit that he's a fan of that anime since he grew up watching it. Miyuki was Clarinet 2, Akane was Alto Sax 2, Asahi was Tenor Sax, Kazuya was Trumpet 2/Voice 2, Kenji was Trombone 2, and Masanori was Percussion 1. https://musescore.com/user/28150278/scores/6704812
(I do not own the sheet music)

"I really enjoyed playing this one" Kazuya exclaimed, "It brought back many great memories of watching this show"

"Maybe we can watch it together sometime" Chizuru suggested.

"I'd like that" Kazuya replied.

Lastly, this video he showed was when he played the theme of Driftveil city from Pokémon Black and White. The sheet music writers decided to give it more of a jazz style to make it sound groovier. https://musescore.com/user/30222066/scores/5932111 (I do not own the sheet music). Miyuki was on Piano, Kazuya was Trumpet 1, Kenji was Trombone 1, Akane was Alto Sax 1, Asahi was Tenor Sax, and Masanori was on Drum set. This one was really interesting and really made Chizuru want to dance. The two ended up dancing to the tunes together. After they finished, the two sat back down.

"I really enjoyed learning about your music abilities" Chizuru exclaimed, "It was really interesting"

"Thank you, Chizuru" Kazuya thanked, "I didn't really think anyone would've liked it, really"

"Hey, you supported me in becoming an actress, I will support you in becoming a musician" Chizuru told him, "And that's a promise"

"You're the best" Kazuya exclaimed, "Thank you"

The two kissed, happy that they had each other now.