Day off

"Yes its in!" Riku says excitedly as he reads the email on his phone, he then gets up off of the couch and makes his way towards the door, when  he reaches for the door knob the door suddenly opens up and standing there was Tsumugi Takanashi the daughter of the president of Takanashi studios and the manager of Idolish7.
"Riku-kun where are you off to?" She asks him.
"Manager I have something I need to pick up, but don't worry I won't be gone long." Riku says.
"Alright just be safe Riku." She says and gives Riku a smile.
"Thank you manager, and don't worry I'll be safe I promise." Riku says and smiles back at her as he opens up the door to leave.

Riku returns to the dorms about an hour later holding a bag and a box. When he enters he sees Iori, Mitsuki, Sogo, Tamaki, Nagi and Yamato all sitting at the center island talking amongst themselves, none of them seemed to have noticed Riku by the entrance until Tamaki says.
"Rikkun whats in the bag and box... wait?! Is it King Pudding?!" Tamaki asks excitingly.
Riku lets out a little laugh as he walks over to the center island.
"Sorry Tamaki its not that." Riku says as he places the box and bag onto the island.
"No way you bought a Nintendo Switch?!" Mitsuki says in complete surprise.
"Yep, I thought it be fun to play games with all of you on the rare occasions we all have days off, I even got the game Mariokart, I'm sorry that there's only two controllers that's all there was in the store, but I read that the switch joy cons can become two controllers so altogether there's technically four controllers, so we can try figuring out taking turns from that." Riku says as he puts everything on the island.
"Well since there's four controllers and seven of us it should be obvious that you are a permanent player Riku considering that you're the one that thought about this and bought everything, does everyone agree with me?" Yamato asks while looking at the others and they all shook there heads in agreement. "So to decide the other three how about we get into groups of two and play rock, paper, scissors to determine who plays first and second." Yamato suggests and looks around again and everyone shook there heads in agreement.

"Agh I can't believe I lost to So-chan." Tamaki says.
"Its okay Tamaki not like we won't be able to play." Mitsuki says.
"Yeah we just have to be patient." Yamato says next to Mitsuki.
The first group contained Riku, Iori, Sogo and Nagi, while the second group contained Riku, Mitsuki, Tamaki and Yamato.
"I will be honest with you I haven't played many games before, but I'm excited to be playing with all of you." Sogo says.
"Sogo you and I are in the same boat since I too have hardly played many games before." Nagi says.
"What about you two? Have you played many games before?" Sogo asks Iori and Riku.
"I played a few, but none in multiplayer since I didn't have anyone to play with until now." Riku says and gives them a smile.
"I've played some with Nii-san before." Iori says then looks at Mitsuki.
"Yeah and every time you beat me." Mitsuki says looking a little embarrassed when he said that. "Iori might not look like it guys, but he's actually pretty competitive when it comes to games."
"Oh, now I want to beat Iori!" Riku says and Iori looks at him.
"Do you really think I will let you beat me Nanase?" He asks Riku and Mitsuki starts laughing behind them.
"See what I mean?" Riku saw that Iori's face was turning red from embarrassment.
"Um lets start the game shall we." Riku says, then brings up the character selection screen.
"I don't know who I want to be." Riku says as he looks at all of the characters.
"Can I be Yoshi?" Iori asks.
"In all honesty you should let Riku pick first." Sogo says.
"I don't mind I was going to pick Mario anyway." Riku says then selects Mario.
"Thank you." Iori says then selects Yoshi.
"Sogo and Nagi who are you going to pick?" Riku asks them.
"Honestly I have no idea I think I'll just be Peach." Sogo says then selects Peach.
"Agh I see Sogo you have refined taste too." Nagi says next to Sogo and his face starts turning red.
"No its more like I have no idea who any of these characters are so I just picked randomly." He says.
"I think I'm going to take Rosalina." Nagi says and selects Rosalina.
"Alright now its kart selection, do any of you know how to set up a kart?" Riku asks them and they all shake there heads no. "Okay so we will just do the default set up then and now it looks like we are set to race."

The first course is Mario Stadium
"How do you make the kart go?" Sogo asks.
"Its the A Button, and on the joy con with the arrows it's probably the right side arrow since that's where A is on the other controllers." Iori says.
"Thank you Iori." Sogo says.
"Wow this track is cool and are we floating?" Nagi asks.
"I read that there was a zero gravity function, so this must be it." Riku says.
"Oh I got lightning what does that do?" Sogo asks, he uses it and everyone got tiny. "I'm so sorry I didn't know it did that."
"Sogo why are you apologizing you do realize they are all your opponents right? And that you want to win." Mitsuki says.
"I know I just felt guilty is all." Sogo says.
"Don't worry Sogo see it didn't last long." Riku says trying to reassure him.

Lap 2 current placings Iori in 1st Riku in 2nd, Sogo in 3rd and Nagi in 4th.
"Iori I have a red shell with your name on it!" Riku says and Yoshi goes rolling on screen.
"Nanase I hope you know this means war!" Iori says because he got the three red turtle shells and Riku swallows.
"It was just a joke Iori please don't kill me!" Riku says terror in his voice and Mario goes rolling on screen.
"That's one and I still have two more!" Iori says and again Mario goes rolling on screen.
"Now for the last..." Iori gets interpreted when Sogo asks. "What does a blue shell do?" As it goes past Peach, then Mario and Yoshi both got blown up on screen.
"So that's what that does..." Sogo says as him and Nagi both pass Riku and Iori. Mitsuki, Yamato and Tamaki start laughing.

The current positions are Sogo in 1st somehow with Nagi in 2nd Iori in 3rd and Riku in 4th going into the final lap.
"I can't believe I'm in 1st!" Sogo says in complete disbelief.
"Well soon I'll be taking it back from you Sogo!" Iori says.
"Hey who said I would let you take first back Iori, since I have my sights set on it!" Riku says.
"No it will be me who gets first!" Nagi says.
"Why does it seem like you three want to gain up on me?" Sogo asks.
"Hehe I just got what I needed." Riku says. "Behold the three red turtle shells!"
"Nanase please have mercy." Iori pleads.
"I don't remember you giving me mercy when you pummeled me with them." Riku says then Yoshi goes rolling and there's just half of the last lap left. Then Rosalina goes rolling. "Two down and one to go!" Then Peach goes rolling. "Yes I'm in 1st and the finish line is in sight!" Riku says excitedly.
"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Sogo says then throws a green shell, but it misses. "No! I was so close to hitting you Riku!" Sogo says.
"Hey you still got 2nd." Riku says.
"No! Iori how could you?!" Nagi says and Sogo and Riku saw that Iori took 3rd place and Nagi finished in 4th place.
"I got really lucky with my last bomb being a red shell." Iori says.
"Well you won't beat me in the next race!" Nagi says.
"Same goes to you Riku next race I'm getting 1st place!" Sogo says.
"So it seems Iori isn't the only competitive one in I7 after all." Mitsuki says and sighs.
"Seems like it." Yamato says.