𝖇𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*:.*:..o○ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 ○o。..:*..:*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"I'm in a WHAT!?"
"Arranged marriage."

Dusk was falling upon the kingdom of Narva.
The townsfolk were gathering their families and sitting down at their wooden tables, ready to have their final meal of the day.

The villages surrounding Narva Castle were bustling with life, eccentric fields and woods adorned with wildlife, stone houses with thatched roofs over the heads of townsfolk. A maypole stood proud in the middle of the town centre, incredible plays performed every day.

Children laughed and played during the light hours, kicking pinecones across the cobbled streets, their parents selling home made bread and freshly harvested vegetables.

It was crisp, a brown autumnal day.
Princess Yashiro Nene was living her day as any other, until this very moment.

"An... arranged marriage?"
She was seated on the scarlet velvet couch in one of the castle's large living rooms. The fire was blazing, crackling and spitting at the hearth below.

Her parents, King and Queen, had sat the young princess down to have a chat.

It was Yashiro's 16th birthday in only a couple of days.

"You're sixteen the day after tomorrow, dear. It's time for you to be wed."
Yashiro's mother placed a gentle hand on her porcelain shoulder.

Her father stayed stood, hands clasped behind his back, still dressed in formal attire, as he was every day.

"The Velleity Empire has had quite the feud with us Narvans since the dawn of time. However, their ruler, Sir Yugi, is willing to put our differences aside, and finally let this forever-long war be over."

He took a sharp intake of breath before continuing, turning on his heel and pacing around the intricately designed rug.

"You," Her father paused to turn and look at Yashiro.
"You, Nene, are to marry a son of Sir Yugi."

Yashiro didn't respond. Her fingers interlaced with each other, her head dropping slightly, eyes skimming over the delicate laces on her nightgown.

She didn't know how to feel. Her father was telling her that she was to be wed... to a man... that she had no knowledge of. Not only that, he was from a completely different kingdom, a whole other Empire entirely.

Yashiro had no information on this mysterious man she was destined to marry.

"But, Father, I'm only 16..."
"Precisely, exactly the right time to get married."

She didn't look away from the lacy hem of her pristine, silk nightgown.

"This feud is extraordinarily important, Nene. I'm sure you can understand."
He stated.

"Sir Yugi is a man of many connections. It is important that we get on their good side. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to save our Kingdom. And I wish to take it."

The fire crackled and glowed in front of Yashiro. Her father continued to pace past it, before coming to a stop.

"You do not have a say in this, dear. The wedding is set for exactly one week after your birthday."

"I see."

Yashiro's mother traced her fingers delicately across Nene's back.
"Isn't this exciting, dear?"

Yashiro only hummed in response.

She did desire to get married to a prince, yet she never expected it to come so soon.

She found herself wishing that she had at least a bit of a say in her future.

But her father was set on it, and as King of Narva, there was nothing that was going to come in his way of making peace with another powerful empire.

Yashiro sighed.

She was to be wed, to the son of Sir Yugi.

To a boy she did not know.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

(W/C: 603) Thank you for reading my book, Promised.
-M ♡