𝔰𝔦𝔵

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*:.*:..o○   𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵   ○o..:*..:*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Yashiro awoke, jolting up from her lying position in her bed. She hissed, a searing shoot of pain running through her leg.

"Watch it, that's still fresh." Amane motioned to her leg.

It was dark in her bedroom. Yashiro looked around her, taking in her surroundings. She was confused, the ticking clock on the wall showed something odd, and when she squinted her eyes, she could see it was quarter past two, in the morning.

"It's- so late..."
"How are you feeling?" Amane leaned back in his chair which was situated next to Yashiro's side of the bed.
"I- uh, I guess I feel fine." Yashiro looked down, playing with her thumbs.
"Good."

The room fell silent, aside from the ticking wall clock. Yashiro was confused, unaware of how or why she was in her bedroom, and why Amane was sitting only a foot away from her, awake at two in the morning.

"What's going on?" Yashiro whispered.
"You cut your leg open, stupidly. Playing with a sword." It was dark in the room, but Yashiro could practically feel Amane roll his eyes.
"Oh. Oops."
"Yes, oops. I've been sat here for four hours waiting for you to wake up."

Yashiro looked down at her fingers. She could feel the ache in her leg, where she assumed she had sliced it. Thinking about it made her cringe, Yashiro never was one to tolerate blood well.

"Why are you sitting there? You can just go to bed, you know."
"I was making sure you were alright. Go back to sleep." Amane looked away, folding his arms.

"You were worried about me?" Yashiro whispered, her cheeks flushing as her heart rate steadily increased.
"Psh, no." Amane scoffed.
"You got hurt under my supervision. I'm just taking care of you so the King doesn't become all bitter and kick me out of the kingdom. I wasn't 'worried'." Yashiro's heart dropped, but she tried her best to ignore it and act like she wasn't bothered in the slightest.

"Yeah, wouldn't expect a guy like you to care about his wife."
"You're not my wife. Don't call yourself that."
"You know it and I know it, we are going to be married. There's nothing we can do to change that. So at least try and be a little bit decent to me! It's not like I want to spend the rest of my life next to you any more than you do!" Yashiro huffed.

Amane rolled his eyes. Yashiro was done with Amane, she had genuinely thought he was worried about her. What a ridiculous assumption. She slid down, trying to move from her slightly upright position to lie down under her covers.

"Stop, you'll pull your bandages off-" Amane jumped forward, grasping Yashiro's arm. It was too late, the bandages had pulled against the bedsheets and Yashiro yelped in pain. She dropped her head back, squeezing her eyes shut in a desperate attempt to stop any tears that started forming at the corners of her eyes. Amane pulled she sheets off Yashiro, revealing a bloodstained bandage.

"God, look what you've done now. You're not the brightest, are you?" Amane quickly pulled out a box from under his chair.
"I'm glad I brought this. Emergencies, you see." He opened it and pulled out a fresh roll of bandages.

Yashiro winced in pain as he unravelled a little bit of the bandage on her leg.

"Shh, it will only hurt a little. Don't start crying on me."
He gently placed the bloodstained bandages on the floor next to him and started unraveling some of the fresh cotton, lifting Yashiro's leg up slightly to wrap it around. She brought her hands up to her face, covering it with her palms to hide her tear-streaked cheeks, sniffling slightly behind them.

The clock continued ticking on the wall next to the two, the time passing slower than usual. Every moment put Yashiro in great pain, but Amane handled her gently to make sure he made the redressing of her would be a little less painful.

His nimble fingers wrapped the bandage around her leg, checking at regular intervals to make sure Yashiro was alright. He finished up, sliding a safety pin into the top to make sure it stayed tightly secured. He leaned back, dusting his hands off on his trousers.

"There. See, it wasn't that bad." He looked over at Yashiro.

Even in the dark of the room, he could still see how the moon reflected off her face, illuminating the pained tear tracks down her cheeks. She tried her best to muffle her choked hiccups, and her sniffly nose. Amane observed her for a moment, and something in him changed.

"Hey, it's okay." He leaned forward, pulling one of her hands away from her mouth. Her eyes gently fluttered open to meet his, which were swirling with concern and something Yashiro had never seen before.

"I know it hurts. You'll be okay, I'm right here."
He gently rubbed his thumbs across her palm, never breaking eye contact. Yashiro's sniffles died down a little, her eyelids wishing to close. They became heavy, and the effort Yashiro put into keeping them open was tiring her out. Amane kept his thumbs running across her palm soothingly, as Yashiro became more and more tired.

The tear tracks on her cheeks began to dry, as Yashiro closed her eyes. Amane watched as one last drop slid down her cheek, leaving a silvery streak in its wake. He watched it closely, bringing one hand up to wipe it from her cheek with his thumb.

His eyes drifted from her cheek, to her eyes, her nose, and down to her lips. They lingered there for a few moments, Amane admiring her Cupid's bow, admiring how rosy they were, the colour of strawberries, maybe the colour one of the pink roses on the rose bushes outside of the main entrance to the castle.

Whatever it was, Amane couldn't tear his eyes away from Yashiro's lips.

It dawned on him, causing him to immediately retract his hands, dropping Yashiro's limp one onto her chest as she slept. He ripped his eyes away from her, turning away quickly as his cheeks flushed a dark red. He leaned backwards, staring at the window, bringing his hand up to cover the lower half of his face.

His cheeks radiated heat. His heart was beating faster than usual. He felt warm. And he hated it all.

'No. This isn't happening.'

Amane stood up, exiting the room in a hurry. He knew where he was heading. He left Yashiro in her bed, knowing if he stayed there any longer, the feeling inside that he couldn't quite describe would only grow. The feeling made him sick to his stomach, or perhaps it was a different feeling. Whatever it was, he wasn't willing to stick around and find out.

He headed to the library, wishing whatever feeling it was that dwelled deep inside his gut, causing his heart to flutter and cheeks to flush, would just go away.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

(W/C: 1198) sorry if this was a little short. Amane has feelings? :0 -M