Our Spot

MIRA MALFOY

I yawned, lazily highlighting my notes for the OWL's. Harry popped up behind me, kissing my cheek, putting both hands on each side of me on the table, looking over.

"You're studying? Again?"

"Our OWL's are in a few days, besides, Hermione's been pestering me into studying all over again. I'm almost down anyway."

"Well... you need to come with me. I wanna show you something." Harry closed my books, stacking them up.

"Harry—"

"Nope— you've been studying for the last two weeks, you'll be fine for one day. Now, c'mon, before it gets too dark."

He placed my books into my bag, throwing it over his shoulder. He grabbed my hand, and pulled us both out the library, then out the castle.

Harry walked for so long, until finally, he stopped at the top of a small hill, with a tall but not so tall structure.

The place looked a bit creepy, and seemed like a place no one else would go. On the side, there was a latter leading up to the top of the tiny roof.

"Follow me."

Harry started to climb, but I stayed back for a few. It was starting to become dark, and well, we were pretty far from the castle. This place looked sketchy.

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes..."

"Then come up. You've got to see something." Harry disappeared from my view, and I heard slight shuffling from up top.

I made sure to have my wand in case anything were to happen, and started to climb. As I reached the top, Harry was sat on a blanket with a plate full of pumpkin pasties, and two cups filled with pumpkin juice.

"What's all this?"

"Well, I guess you could call it a date. Come over here, and lie down. You haven't seen the best part."

I laid beside Harry, looking up at the sky. It was dark now, and the stars had come out, looking bright as ever.

"Nice, isn't it?"

"It's amazing."

When I was very young, my mother told me that when I find the brightest star in the sky, I must make a wish and it would come true.

Ever since that little secret she told me, I always had a certain type of love for stars. They were just such beautiful dots in the sky; it was mesmerizing to me.

"Mira... do you remember what we agreed on before we established Dumbledore's Army? How we swore that nothing is gonna happen between you and me? Well, I'm glad something did happen. I don't know where I'd be without you with me right now."

Our hands interlocked, as we continued to look one another in the eyes. I never realized how beautiful his eyes looked. They were so blue.

"I like your eyes, Potter."

"And I like you, Malfoy."

We laughed, and he cupped my cheek, bringing me in for a soft kiss on the lips.

I never thought someone could make me this happy before I met Harry. That was obviously after all the 'being enemies' thing.

After giving me one last kiss, Harry pulled away and looked at our surroundings. He smiled, and looked up at the sky.

"Let's make this our spot. A place for only you and me to go. Together."

I smiled, "It's perfect."

That is, despite all the creepy vibes this place gives off.