Always

MIRA MALFOY

He wasn't moving. But he's breathing. Every so second, I worry he isn't. My hand goes to his heart, feeling the heartbeat I was hoping for.

Please wake up.

I think to myself.

Please move.

Blink an eye.

Say something.

He's not dead, why am I acting like this? I sighed and stood from my chair. I kissed Draco's forehead, and left the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey was kind enough to let me stay overnight until Draco recovered.

I actually hadn't left the wing since. Blaise would stay for a few hours to keep me company. Hermione would drop off homework. Ron and Theo would stand there, mainly for support I assume.

Harry, well, hadn't seen or spoken to him.

I shake off the thought of Harry, and went to the Room of Requirement. While Draco's off for a few days, I might as well do the job for him.

It was pretty late so I couldn't be here for long. And not only that, but I was tired. Definitely hadn't gotten the best sleep these past few days.

There was a click coming from inside the cabinet. I opened the cabinet, and suddenly, a bird flew out. The bird... it's alive.

Wait, what was that? I turned around, looking around the room. Something had fallen.

I can't be here anymore— so, I closed the cabinet, and left the Room of Requirement. I hurried to the Slytherin common room, up to my dorm, and shut the door.

"Spying on me now?" I tossed the invisibility cloak off Harry, and pushed him against the door.

"Mira—"

"Why were you following me? How long have you been watching me?"

"I— I— only since this morning. I didn't mean for it to seem like I was... stalking you."

"So why not go up to me and have a normal conversation?"

"Like you'd even say a word to me." I look away from Harry's eyes who were staring deep into mine. His hands held mine, pulling them off his shirt. "Stop pushing me away. Stop lying to me. Talk to me. Please."

"What do you want from me?"

"I want you to talk to me. I wanna talk things out with you, please just sit with me and we can figure things out."

"Harry, there's nothing to figure out."

"Stop lying to me!"

"I'm not lying, Harry! You need to leave— right now."

"Not until you tell me what's going on."

"I can't, Harry." I step away, sitting down on the bed. My hands hold my head, and my eyes close.

He knelt down in front of me, his hands resting on my knees. "Love, please. Why? Why can't you talk to me?"

"Because, Harry... the second you find out what's going on... you'll never love me again. You'll stop loving me. I can't live with that."

"Love, I will never stop loving you. No matter what the reason is."

"Harry, you don't understand." I stand, his hands falling from my knees.

"Then help me to." He cupped my face, so close as ever.

He knows, but he wants to hear me admit it. Admit that I've been working on a vanishing cabinet. Admit that I was the one who cursed Katie Bell, and poisoned Ron. Admit that I'm a death eater.

My hand moves to my left sleeve. Slowly, I lift the sleeve up, my forearm starting to show. Harry's eyes followed every move I made, not letting go of my face in his hands.

My eyes closed, scared to watch Harry react when my forearm was revealed. His breathing became shaky, and his body tensed up.

"Now you understand. This mark... is the reason, why I'm gonna lose you forever." I breathed, opening my eyes. Harry's were still glued onto my arm.

When he finally looked at me, he didn't say anything. No reaction whatsoever.

But when he smashed his lips into mine, he definitely got a reaction out of me.

| |

His hands played with mine, my back pressed against his front part of his body. He trailed kisses down from my shoulder down my arm.

He held my hand in the air, pressing a soft kiss right in the middle.

His fingers trailed up and down my left forearm, grazing over the mark. I turned my head to face Harry, and our lips brushed against each other.

The sun was up now, shining through the curtains. I turned my body around so that I was facing Harry. His hand moved a piece of my hair behind my ear.

He kissed the tip of my nose, and pressed his forehead on mine.

"How can you really love me even after...?" I whispered, my voice a bit raspy.

"Darling... nothing could ever make me stop loving you. Besides, we can figure this out. You'll never be alone in situations like this because I got you. I don't wanna sound cheesy, but you'll always have me."

"Harry, you have to understand, this isn't easy. We're not getting out of this that quick and easy. Draco and I... we can't fail our task. We're putting other peoples lives into this mess if we fail—."

"I get that. I promise to help you throughout the way. Whatever the circumstances are. I won't leave you, Mira."

"Promise?"

Harry held his pinky out. "Always."