Sectumsempra

MIRA MALFOY

Ron's okay. He's been kept in the hospital since the incident that happened at Slughorn's. I did hear he was released from the hospital wing earlier today. And, apparently, he and Lavender had broken up.

The drink that had poisoned Ron was what Draco had snuck into Slughorn's office. There was a note, directing Slughorn he must give it to Dumbledore as a gift.

We haven't gotten the best luck with Dumbledore. Every one of our plans always end badly. First, Katie. She wasn't meant to get cursed by the necklace, Dumbledore was. And Ron, he wasn't supposed to be the one to get poisoned... Dumbledore was.

Starting to think we should've never taken part in this task.

I walked into the Great Hall with Daphne. We sat down at a random table since everyone was spread out, and plopped mashed potatoes onto our plates.

A little later, I had looked up from my plate, and Katie Bell had stepped into the Great Hall. She was accompanied by some friends.

I decided to ignore the fact I was in the same hall as her even after my brother and I cursed her. But of course it wasn't intentionally.

After I finished my food and conversation with Daphne, we left the Great Hall together. We split ways when she went towards the courtyard, and I walked to the Slytherin common room.

Throughout the corridor, there was water all over the floors. It was coming from the boys lavatories. I walked closer to where the water was leaking and heard noises come from the lavatory.

"Sectumsempra!"

That's Harry's voice!

I hurried into the lavatory, and that second, I knew this would be a moment I wish to never remember.

Draco laid on the floor, blood soaking his white button up. He bled so much, it mixed with the water that flooded the floor.

I stood frozen when Snape ran in. He kneeled down beside Draco, mumbling words under his breath, moving his wand around Draco's torso.

I looked at Harry; he was already looking at me with guilt. Tears dropped from my eyes, and I followed Snape to the hospital wing with Draco in his arms.