Dec 11 - Gimme a hand?

Sam POV:

I was just relaxing on the couch in the living room watching whatever was on, when I hear someone whisper my name.

"Sam," I look around. "SAM." They say again and I look again. I hear them sigh. "Look to the left- no your other left. NO- your other one left!" They exclaim, and finally I see Shuri peaking around the corner.

"What?" I ask and her eyes widen.

"SHHH!" She shushes me. "Be quiet!" She says, quietly. I roll my eyes.

"What?" I whisper back.

"Come here." She motions for me to come towards her and I walk over.

"What do you want?" I ask, a little scared but mostly upset that she interrupted my aimless tv watching. Shuri then produces a letter in her hand and I gulp. That's my christmas letter.

"Hey!" I whisper-shout, and reach for the letter. "How did you find that?!" I ask her, and she just crosses her arms.

"Really how?" She gives me a pitying look. "Well first of all, no one locks anything around here. And even if you did, I could easily pick it." She states and I'm already bored.

"Fine but, what are you doing with it?" I ask.

"Well, funny you should ask..." She says and walks off towards the elevators. After she presses the button, she looks back at me. I hadn't moved. She rolls her eyes.

"Well? Are you coming or not?" She asks at a normal volume. I snap out of my bored daze and follow her down into the... lab? Hold up...

Shuri points to a box sitting on a table. "Go on, take a look." She says and I walk over and peek inside. My eyes widen and I smile when I see it's contents.

"No way," I say and look over at her. "Are you serious?" I ask and she nods her head.

"I had the parts shipped in last night after I found the letter, and I'm gonna help you build it." She tells me and I grab the box and dump it upside down. Shuri places that beaded bracelet of hers on the table, and taps one of the beads twice. A holographic display of instructions pops up, and let the record state that it looks much better then Tony's. No offense of course.

"Let's start shall we?" Shuri asks with a gleam in her eyes. I pick up a screw driver left out on another table and turn towards the pile.

"You're the boss, boss." I look over at her, waiting for my first instruction.

She gives me a disappointing look. "Put that down." I look at the screwdriver in my hand. "Now." She points to the table top. I set it down.

"Great," Shuri rubs her hands together. "Now we can start.

TimeSkip and also Shuri POV:

"SAM WAIT!" I shout, but it's too late. A poof of black smoke goes up in his face, and I cover up a laugh with my hand. He waves away the smoke and glares at me.

"Not. Funny." He says, and then coughs.

"Well... it kinda is." I say back and he just grumbles. This just makes me laugh more.

TimeSkip

"Sam." I stare at him with a blank expression.

"Huh? What?" He picks his head up and looks over at me.

"Sam you-" I chuckle. "You just put his middle finger on his thumb." I laugh and he looks down. He just smiles and holds up the palm of the new arm he's been working on.

"Well now, he can flip people off and give them a thumbs up at the same time!" Sam laughs.

"No sam-" I wheeze. "That defeats the purpose of a thumbs up!" I exclaim.

"Come on! It's funny!" He says.

"That like a... an oxymoron!" I say and fall over in a fit of laughter. Sam laughs too, and extends a hand down to me and I grab it. Sam pulls me back up to my feet. "Now..." I wave my screw driver in the air. "Rewire those fingers." I say, and as he starts to disassemble them, I hear him grumble something about how I get to use a screwdriver and he doesn't. Oh men, so small-minded.

Then a mischievous grin creeps onto his face. Uh oh. "Hey, now I know how to take off Bucky's fingers and put them back on." I shake my head, silently judging. "I can do it while he sleeps, and then one day he's gonna point at me and it's gonna be his middle finger!" He says and I sigh.

"You are so immature." I say and get back to work.

TimeSkip to when the arms done

"So... now what?" Sam asks me.

"I got an idea." I say, and drag him towards the elevator. We had already put the arm in a white box and tied it with a grey and gold ribbon. Sam was holding it, and I had a plan.

Once we reached the main floor, I tell Sam to go wait in the hallway, all the way down to the left. Then I go to find Bucky.

No ones POV:

Bucky had just walked out of the elevator when something grabbed his arm and jerked him towards the hallway. He pulled back and grabbed at the thing that dragged him. He was not expecting to grab the Princess of Wakanda's wrist. And he was certainly not expecting her to be admiring his arm, the metal one, the one he had grabbed her with. She was running her fingers along the crevices. He quickly let go.

"Come on White Wolf!" Shuri says enthusiastically, and Bucky is taken back for a moment to hear that name. But he follows her anyways. Soon they come to a corner in the hallway, and Shuri tells Bucky to stay right where he is. Then she disappears around said corner.

"Sam!" Shuri whispers. "It's go time." She winks, and watches as he steps out from around the corner where Bucky was waiting. Sam clears this throat.

"Hey Buck," he says and Bucky smiles.

"Hey Sam." Then he sees that Sams holding something. "What's that?" He asks.

"Oh, um... it's for you." Sam hands the box over to Bucky. "Consider it an early Christmas gift." He says, as Bucky carefully takes the ribbon off. Then he takes the lid off, and stares at the thing inside. After a couple of seconds, he looks up at Sam, then back down at the thing inside the box.

"Y-You did this? Why?" Bucky asks.

"Well, I know that your arm has been acting up a lot lately. Like two days ago, you were trying to place all those little chocolates on the roof of our gingerbread house and it was making you a bit upset." Sam explains and the ex-soldier smiles sadly.

"Well then, thank you, Sam." He says and then some clears their throat. Both men look over and see Shuri standing there. She gestures with her head up to the ceiling, and both men look up. Shuri smirks. The two of them were standing under mistletoe.

Bucky puts the lid back on the box, and then puts it under his arm. They both start to lean in, and Shuri quickly sets up a recording on her kimoyo beads. The two kiss, and when they pull apart, they're both smiling widely.

"I love you," Bucky says under his breath, and Sam nods.

"I know you do." He quickly kisses Bucky again. "I love you too."

"Awww!" Shuri says and stops the recording. Both men turn towards her. She gives back a guilty look. "Ruined the moment didn't I?" She says.

"Yep," both men nod. Shuri points back down the hallway.

"I'll just... see myself out then..."