Chapter 4

*Tom pov*

"Shall we?" I ask helping her slip on her coat and then giving her the scarf.
"Yes"

We step out in the cold December air, walking down the street and reaching the little market where we buy all the things we need for today's lunch and dinner.
We manage to do it pretty quickly so then we grab some breakfast.
"I'll have a tea and a chocolate muffin" I say after Zawe chose what to have
"Great, I'll be right back"
"Thank you"
"I've never been in this cafe" she says
"Really? Well I come here often and I find their muffins absolutely amazing, you should try a piece of mine"
"Maybe"
"Here you go!" Josh says smiling at us
"Thank you Josh!"
"You are very welcome!"

"Oh my god! You were right! This is the best muffin I've ever had"
"Told you!"
"Ok...I think we should go back" she says watching the time on her phone
"We should...I'm sorry we didn't walk around as much as you wanted"
"It's ok"
I pay for our breakfast and we head out walking the short distance to my house and as soon as we are in, we get into the kitchen and start on lunch.
"So pasta bolognese" she says handing me a wood spoon
"Yep! You'll like it"
"We'll see Hiddleston"

The door bell rings just as I turn off the sauce and I go open it.
"My darling boy!" My mum says pulling me into a very tight hug
"Mum!"
As we part I find myself into my little sister arms
"Tommy, I've missed you!" She says
"Missed you too!" I say giving her a kiss
"Come in, lunch is almost ready"
They take off their shoes and coats and walk in the kitchen.

"Do you need any help?" Mum asks
"No I'm good, thanks ma" I say stirring one last time the pasta that Zawe has put into the sauce. "Zawe, lunch is ready" I call out but she doesn't answer. I go into the dining room where she was the last time I saw her but she's not there.
"Sorry, I'll go get Zawe. If you want to sit in the meantime"
"Sure" Emma says.

I walk upstairs and into her room after knocking on the door.
"Ehy, you ok?"
"Yes...I just felt a bit off, I'm good now"
"Ok, let's go" I say taking her hand and leading her back down.
"Hi" she says seeing my mum and Emma at the table.
"Hello dear, it's nice to see you again" my mum says kissing her
"You too, hi Emma"
"Hi!"
"I think we can start eat" I say filling the plates for everyone.
"Ok...you are a good cook Tom" Zawe says once she's finished.
"Thank you"

After cleaning the kitchen we sit for a bit in the living room and talk about Broadway and such, Emma and mum making sure to avoid what happened to Zawe.
She falls very easily into conversation with them and smiles pretty much for the whole time.
"Excuse me, I'll go to the bathroom"Zawe says
"Sure"
"I'm so sorry for what happened to her" Emma says
"You did good Tom"
"I couldn't leave her there, god knows what he would have done if she got back in that room...I don't even want to think about it"
We keep talking and catching up until my mother makes me notice that she has been gone for a while
"I'll check on her" I say leaving mum and Emma behind.

"Zawe!" I say knocking on the downstairs bathroom door "are you ok?"
"Yeah..." she says and after a few seconds she exit the bathroom "all good" she says, but I'm not convinced, I noticed her slightly puffy eyes

After going back to the living room and talking more they left and Zawe and I settle back on the sofa after bidding them goodbye.
"Tom..."
"Yes darling?" I say turn to her
"Earlier...when I went to the bathroom"
"Yes"
"I...I uhm...with everything going on I didn't notice that I'm two weeks late...you know with my period" she says looking down starting to sob
"Ehy, it's ok. Come here" I say getting closer to her and she leans onto me
"What if..."
"I'm here. I'll tell you what, I'm going to buy you a test and you stay here and drink some tea or take a nap, ok?"
"Yes"
"We'll think about the rest later. Just please tell me that he didn't abuse you, that it was with your consent"
"It was, we were careful but I guess something didn't work out" she says full on crying
"I'll be right back, love" I say after confortino her some more
"Bye" she says still sitting on the sofa with a blanket over her.

I once again step out in the cold and reach the near shop, but the best test I could find and walk back home, finding her in the same position.
"Here" I say giving it to her
"I'll go take it upstairs, can you wait on my bed?"
"Absolutely"

I wait and wait and wait, thinking about this whole situation, then she finally comes out, test in hand
"It's positive..." she says break down crying again
I quickly get up and catch her before she falls on the floor. I sit on the hardwood floor with her between my legs, cradling her to me.
"Sshh...I'm here and I'll be here every step of the way, you won't be alone I promise"
"Why are you so kind?"
"Because that's how I've been raised, and you are my friend and I want to help you, no matter what you'll have to face"
"Thank you" she says turning and hugging me.

We decide to go take that walk to clear her mind a bit so we drive into the city center and then leave my car and walk in the Christmas lights illuminated streets.

"It's nice being back here" she says taking my hand in her
"It really is"
"This is going to be a very different Christmas"
"It will be but you will spend it with me, mum, Emma, Sarah, Yakov and little Kate, and my dad will show up sometime"
"It think it will be good, having you around"
"It will"
"And about the baby...I'll keep it of course, and love him or her so much"
"I know you will, and ehy, he or she get to have a super funny uncle" I say managing to finally make her laugh
"Yeah!"
"Come on, I'll take a picture of you" I say making her stand in front of harrods
"Ok..." she says turning away
"Pretty!" I say making her look at its few seconds later
"Send it to me?"
"Already did"
We walk a bit more and I take some photos of London under the snow.

" she says turning away"Pretty!" I say making her look at its few seconds later"Send it to me?""Already did" We walk a bit more and I take some photos of London under the snow

Once back in our comfy and warm house we get rid of our clothes and change into something more comfortable and settle on the sofa, reading our respective books.
After an hour or so I feel a weight on my left shoulder, as I look I see she has fallen asleep so I wrap her gently in a blanket and let her sleep.