Chapter 5: Friends

"PFFFFFFFFFT! HOLY SHIT! ALL THAT REALLY HAPPENED?!" Leorio yelled spitting out his drink on the ground.

Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio were sitting by the activity field on campus. Killua had told them about his interactions with the ghost of Gon, including the story Gon explained of how he died.

"Yeah it did. Now can you keep your voice down? You're giving me a headache." Killua said rubbing his temples.

"Hmmm... that's odd..." Kurapika hummed. Killua looked towards him.

"Huh? What's odd?" Killua asked.

"You said that he died in a fire at the Chapple, right?" Kurapika asked and Killua responded by nodding his head. "And you said his ghost was in the old choir room in the HRC building, correct?" Killua nodded his head again. "If the Chapple is where he died then how come his ghost isn't there instead of the choir room?"

"I don't see where you're going with this." Killua said with a bored expression on his face resting his head in his hand. Kurapika face palmed and slowly drug his hand down his face groaning.

"Ugh, do you understand anything about how ghosts work?"

"Nope." Killua said popping the 'p'.

"Ok, here's how this works. Usually, when someone dies but their ghost remains, the ghost is bounded to the place they died at. Also, a ghost usually staying among the living instead of immediately proceeding to the after life can be boiled down to a couple of reasons. 1) The ghost is angry and plans to seek revenge against their murderer, but you said Gon died in a fire and doesn't intend to harm anyone so that can't be the reason. 2) Their soul is restless and will stay among the living until the spirit feels complete and knows it can rest easy. Or 3) The ghost is bound to something or someone among the living and will stay a ghost until the item they're bound to is destroyed or the person they're bound to passes away."

"*zzzzzzzzzz*" Leorio snores.

"Oh for Christ's sake." Kurapika mutters shaking his head. "Do you at least understand Killua?"

"Yeah, I think I get it." Killua says putting a finger to his chin. "Gon's spirit must be bound to something. It's probably the reason why he appears in the choir room rather than in the Chapple. Only thing is, I have no idea what it could be." Kurapika hummed then paused for a moment before speaking.

"Hey Killua?"

"Hm?"

"Do you think you could bring me along next time you visit him? I want to be able to experience this activity first hand."

"You're a real weirdo you know that?"

"Very funny..." Kurapika deadpanned as Killua sighed.

"Sure whatever. You can come. I was planning on going by there today after I finished my classes anyways."

"I see." Killua glances down at his watch to check the time.

"Speaking of which, I should probably head to class now before I'm late." Killua says standing up and slinging his back pack over his shoulder. "Meet me in our dorm room once you get back from class." Killua said before walking away.

"Alright. See ya Killua!" Killua waved back and continued his way to class.

Kurapika looked over to Leorio who was still asleep snoring and murmuring incoherent words in his sleep.

"WAKE YOUR ASS UP!!"

"IT'S MR. LEORIO- oh hey Kurapika."

"Ugh, let's just get to class."