Chapter 26: Haunting

Neon slowly woke up finding herself on a couch in an unfamiliar room. Blinking her eyes to focus her blurry vision, she sat up right feel a soft wet object fall from her forehead and onto her lap. She looked down to see see was a cold wet rag, while also feeling certain parts of her body were bandaged. Looking around, she noticed she was in the living room of someone's house.

'Where am I?'

Once she thought this she heard a soft pair of footsteps approach her. Looking to her left she saw a familiar middle aged woman walking towards her with a cup in her hand.

"Ms. Stacy?"

"I'm glad you're OK Neon. Here, drink this." Ms. Stacy said taking a seat next to Neon handing her the cup in her hand. Neon slowly took it smelling it briefly before sipping slowly.

"Thank you." Neon said pulling the cup away from her mouth. "Did you bring me here?" Neon asked the woman who nodded her head. "How long was I out?"

"A few hours." Neon noticed that Ms. Stacy had a bandage wrapped around her forehead.

"What... happened?" Neon asked as her memories of the events that just transpired were a bit hazy.

"Oh it was awful. I was simply working at my desk when a lady in a tuxedo walked up to me asking for Mito's apartment number. However once I told her that Mito had already passed that was when group of men in black came barging in. I wanted to ask them what their business was but I felt a sharp object pricking my neck and I passed out. When I woke up my head was bleeding and there was a massive commotion happening. Fire fighters were entering the building and when I got up I saw the paramedics carrying you out on a stretcher so I went with you to the hospital. Thankfully you hadn't suffered to many injuries. The doctor just said you needed some rest so I brought you to my home." Ms. Stacy explained.

Neon stared wide eyed as she finally remembered everything that happened. She didn't know for what reason, but she did know that Killua's life was in danger. Neon suddenly leaned forward grabbing both of Ms. Stacy's arms staring at her with eyes full of worry and urgency.

"Take me back to the retirement home." Neon said quickly.

"But Neon, you need to res-"

"TAKE ME BACK THERE! NOW!!!"

________________________________________________________________________________

"C'mon, where is it?!" Neon exclaimed looking for the device that had the ghost of Gon sealed inside of it. "I know I threw it in this direction. I couldn't have possibly thrown it that far."

Neon was in an alleyway looking all over the place. On the fire escape, on the windows, under the dumpster, and which definitely wasn't her proudest moment, went dumpster diving for it. But she still couldn't find it.

"What could've happened to it? Maybe it broke on impact once it hit the ground. Or some random person saw it and picked it up. Or maybe those awful men came and got it while I was knocked out. I really hope that isn't the case. C'mon, don't give up. I've gotta keep looking."

Neon continued looking in the alleyway and around the buildings for about an hour and still couldn't find it. Sighing she leaned her back against the wall and slid down till she was sitting on the ground and pulled her knees to her chest as she was nearly on the verge of tears.

"What's gonna happen to Killua if I can't find it? I can't take on those guys. I'm just a weak little girl. Who am I kidding? I don't even know where they took him so even if I tried to call the cops to see if they can track him down they wouldn't get to Killua in time before he's killed. It's hopeless. I'm so sorry Killua..." Neon said in a shaky voice on the verge of giving up and breaking down into tears until she heard something rustling inside a trashcan in the far corner of the alley.