Chapter 6: The Visitor

~One Month Later~

Killua had been visiting Gon basically everyday. And on the days he couldn't visit him due to him being busy with classes, or projects, or other stuff, he would visit him the next day twice. Once during lunch, and the other after classes. Occasionally Kurapika and Leorio would tag along. Kurapika being interested in how paranormal activities happen in person and would bring his notebook with him to jot down activity, and Leorio just there cause he was bored.

Killua and Gon within that time have grown ever closer. Sometimes Gon would play the songs he's learned and Killua would always be happy to listen. During this time Gon told Killua more about his life and Killua told Gon about how thing have changed over the past 50 years Gon was stuck in the choir room.

Gon was so thankful for Killua's visits. They made him feel no where near as lonely and he had so much fun talking with Killua. It nearly made him forget he was... y'know... dead. He finally had someone who he could interact with after so long. Someone who he could actually have conversations with. Someone who he felt connected to.

Gon has also tried to ask Killua about his family but the only person Killua told Gon about was his brother Illumi. Killua told him he didn't feel like speaking about his other family members. It made Gon more curious about them but he understood and didn't bring it up anymore.

The more Killua went to see Gon, the more he began to notice a steadily growing feeling in the pit of his stomach. Despite Gon being a ghost, and as a result his very being would send a chill through whoever he passed by, Killua would feel a warm feeling coarse throughout his body whenever he was near him. Killua began to notice more details about the boy.

From the physical reactions of his ghostly body when performing certain actions like how his dimples poke out from his cheeks when he smiles or grins, or how his eyes would shimmer slightly when he's happy or excited, to the little habits he performs like how he scratches the back of his head when he's embarrassed, or how he slightly fidgets in place when he's nervous.

Killua found nearly every action the boy does to be adorable no matter what it was. And don't get me started on whenever Gon laughs, or giggles, or even so much as smiles. The action of the corner of Gon's lips  curving upward into the mesmerizing smile made the feeling become ever more apparent the more Killua saw it. Killua knew the boy's smile is beautiful but it seems the more Killua sees it, the more it brings something to life within Killua that he never felt before.

Killua was done with another day of classes and was now walking down the hallway towards the old choir room. He opened the door and stepped inside closing it behind him. Killua looked to his right to see Gon sitting down at the piano writing in something. He heard Killua step inside and smiled brightly at the sight of his friend.

"Killua!" Gon cheered and flew towards Killua with his arms spread out. He attempted to a hug to Killua which caught him off gaurd but Gon just ended up flying through Killua sending a chill through his body. Gon paused for a moment and looked down at his hands. He turned towards Killua with a sheepish smile and scratched the back of his head. "Heheheh, sorry. Sometimes I forget I can't actually touch you." Gon chuckled but once he quieted down his smile turned into a frown.

Killua felt his heart sink at the sight of Gon being sad and decided to brighten the mood. Thankfully he already had something in mind before hand.

"Hey Gon, I brought you something." Gon's head perked up and his expression brightened with curiosity which instantly made Killua's heart leap. 'Ugh! Why's he so damn cute?!'

"Really?!" He asked. Killua nodded and approached him pulling something out of his pocket. Gon floated over to one of the old chairs and sat down on it with a slight creaking sound whereas when Killua sat down the seat instantly gave way under his weight crumbling into piece and having Killua fall on his butt with a thud.