ch5

It didnt take long to reach the church, mynes marker remained in the castle for now and it seemed the church had no significant value for now but it being called the 3 heroes church is unsettling.

Karin: why did you want to visit the church?

"So I can see what's inside."

Karin: well other than the dragon hourglass nothing much is different.

My eyes widen at the name called the dragon hourglass. Then the all too familar voice of the God calls out to me.

Outsider: it would seem the dragon hourglass is what it is. An hourglass that counts to down to the waves of calamity...

"I see, alright. I have what I need. Karin, I think we should make our stand in the redlight district. That can be our base of operations for now."

Karins face goes red with embarrassment.

Karin: w-what ?!? Why the red light district?!? The people there are just-

"Disgusting? Yes, but that's mainly where prostitutes linger, some of which are forced into the business that need out... we are that way out."

Karin: like, how you saved me?

I give a gentle smile. "Indeed so. What did you want to do next?"

Karin thinks about it before she yawns. "Sleep it is. We can rest for the rest of the day."

Time skip 20 minutes.

Karin: aaahh mmm, a nice warm bed after a nice day.

"Clean yourself up, dont dirty the bed sheets."

Karins eyes deadpan with anime tears before reluctantly getting up to bathe.

Karin: waahh I dont wanna. I want to sleep.

"You can sleep after bathing, you'll smell of blood if you don't."

Karin pouts as she enters the bathroom. I roll my eyes and unsheathed my blade to clean it.

Karin leaves the door to the bathroom open tempting my eyes for a peek but I knew better. "Close the door next time."

Karin: a-Ahh!! *slam*

Karin flustered slams the door. I roll my eyes before cleaning my blade. Whilst doing so the hud for my list of powers came into view.

Blink
Bend time
Dark vision
Devouring swarm
Possession
Wind blast
Pull
Shadow attack

Then, there was one more that caught my eye.  Shadow kill: unaware foes turn to ash when killed. Interesting, how do I unlock it?

Hud: unlocks at lvl 15

Damn it. I let out a sigh of annoyance before finishing my blade. I then take off my mask and observe its craftsmanship. The mask itself had tons of history within it.

Corvo Attano... the original owner of the mask, followed by his grandson Derek Attano,then his grand daughter  also my grandmother Serena Attano eventually into me. For each generation of Attano's we all fought something either it be crime syndicates or in my grandmothers case fought in both world wars as an infiltrator unit. Her identity was kept hidden, no one knew in both wars.

Then me, back when I first received the mask and its void like abilities I met the outsider himself who personally gave me his mark but fate had different ideas. Everyone I knew dissapeared, they all died by the hands of a group of murderers.

The door to the bathroom opens and out came Karin, her fangs prominently exposed.

Karin: *yawn* ahhh, that was nice. The bath is ready for you. You should also get cleaned up.