ch10

The day our firearms creation was today, the sun was just below the horizon when we took to the streets, I even had plans for the day something that rarely happened in my world.

The sound of birds chirping overhead was something to behold when we arrived at the blacksmith's, the tired voice of Derek as he leaned against the door to his forge smoking a cigar.

We approached the blacksmith and knocked on the door frame getting the old man's attention. "Good morning Derek."

Derek turns to me and subtly nods before opening the door to the forge.

Derek: I'm... not a morning person, c'mon I have you're otherworldly contraption and paper whatever it's called.

I let out a chuckle when derek yawned and stumbled over his foot. He climbed over the countertop and pulled out the beautiful craftsmanship of a musket, the sleek wooden stock of the musket glimmering in the lightly illuminated room.

A smile slowly began to form on my lips, I gently gripped the barrel and lifted it admiring the craftsmanship.

(With the retardation that is wattpad, the rifle derek had constructed is a snider einfield breach loading musket.)

My smile widens as I turned to Derek. "I suppose you also have one for Karin as well?"

Derek nods his head and pulls out another snazzy looking musket from underneath the counter.

I look to derek and give a respectful nod before picking up the two muskets and slinging them over my shoulder.

"Thank you Derek, you're expertise will come in handy in the future. I assure you."

Derek crosses his arms and smiles.

Derek: heh, no problem kid.

Without another word I walk out the building and walk to the alley beside it before blinking to the roof and climbed to the top, my eyes narrow while I took a step back.

The calm winds of melromarc brought a relaxing atmosphere for me. I hummed lighly and look to the skies above, many thoughts traveling through my mind but one stood out above the others.

I look to the muskets we have and smirked, I put on my mask as a plan began to form.

The beginning of a new age for whalers is soon to begin, new weaponry assisted by universal magic. Many possibilities are now possible whilst previously unknown.

Hearing the thoughts I had, the black eyed God himself spoke through my mind, giving me feedback.

Outsider: indeed, and like you've spoke prior, the red light district is a good place to set up a base of operations and a decent place to gather allies who want out of that career path.... but.... there is another problem I sense... tell me what it is.

His words penetrated my mind, he read through my many thoughts and concerns. Slavery was the biggest concern for me and Karin, freeing slaves is an arduous process but the outcome is very generous... the only issue is we would have to travel beyond melromarc to do so, perhaps to lute village or perhaps make due east bound to the shores.

Many things we have to do and so little time, what to do I wonder. What would be most beneficial for us.

My eyes soften as I broke out into a sprint before leaping into the air and blinking to the next building across the road. I ran atop the roofs shingles in the direction towards Karin, making different ideas and predicting the various outcomes.