ch13

That next night they rode out. With muskets in hand and darkened clothes dawned on their bodies. Now with 5 assassins in their midst David and Karin were quite satisfied with the development thus far. But in order to maintain a proper schedule they have to ride continuously throughout the day and night.

With the occasional hour rest they have made decent time across the country of melromarc thus leads to where we are now. David with his mask slightly raised was explaining to his new assassins how to take apart the musket and perform maintenance, how to clean the barrel and reconstruct it efficiently and effectively.

David: and once you're down put them back together like so and presto you're good to go for another engagement. Do you all understand?

Everyone including Karin nodded their heads as several clicks of their muskets being constructed was audibly heard. David smiles warmly before lower his mask back down.

Karin: this is very interesting.

???: indeed it is, but off topic I have a question.

David and Karin look to the one speaking. A young woman with wolf like ears and tail, it's eyes a heteromachromial blue and green. It's fur a dark shade of grey.

???: to clarify what is our primary and secondary objective.

David took a breath and began to explain the situation to them. It was a long explanation but it was well worth it to hear.

David: our primary objective is to exterminate the melromarc guards and hijack the 3 carriages of magic iron, in turn we can sell the non magic iron for profit and use the black market to purify and further enchant the magical iron. Our secondary objective, we have reports of slave labor and they are in need of rescuing. If they should choose to join us we will take them in and have them become one of us... understood?

All: yes sir.

David: good, we have a day and a half left until we get there. Rest up for now..

With a collective nod of the head everyone had slowly began to get ready for sleep, except for Karin whom had subtly scooted beside David.

It would only take a few seconds for him to take a look at the vampire with a curious expression. Almost tempted to question her antics but ultimately remained silent.

An hour would pass by and all but David and Karin would fall asleep, some had their hands on their blades whilst others their hands gripping the barrel of their muskets.

David lowered his head and closed his eyes from under his mask. Thoughts began to take form as a particular voice entered his mind.

Daud: I see you're going on a mission, a dangerous one at that.

The world surrounding the boy vanished in a mist, the darkness of the void beginning to envelop him as a whole. David's eyes opened to see Daud infront of him standing on a plot of crystalline rock of the void.

David: I know, there are 7 of us, myself included I'm pretty confident in my abilities.

Daud lowly hummed, his arms crossing as his facial expression changed to a slight worry.

Daud: that's not what I'm talking about....

David looked into Daud's eyes, the eyes of a veteran, a professional assassin who lived as one of the most feared warriors in his time period. Goosebumps ran up David's arms as Dauds voice lowered even more.

Daud: not sure if you've seen them but once you're close to 100 yards to the palace I've been seeing shadows maneuver in a similar way we do.