Chapter Fifteen: "I'll Never Give Up Hope"

Evelyn Bennett-St. John's life had done a complete 180 in the past school year. Just as everyone else's, but the thing's started off alright. And then came Landon Kirby, and he took a knife. SO long, came a constant flow of monsters that shouldn't exist. Like a Dragon. And a Gargoyle. Evelyn had gotten with the one dude she never thought she'd be with. And she fell pretty god damn hard. And then... her dad died. He got killed, and that sadness just sort of... devoured her. Covered her in a cloak of pure darkness and sadness. And the only light she found was in Jed because all of her friends were preoccupied in one way or another. Or maybe, she just didn't want to open up.

After Jed came back from his.. trip, he and Evelyn started a relationship. Secretive, at that. She couldn't afford for people to be all in her business because of a relationship when she was still hiding behind a facade of happiness. And then, she forgot her best friend. Literally erased from her memory.

June

Evelyn had been standing in her rather spacious dorm, the door locked as she sat atop her, secret, boyfriend. She was dressed in some black spandex shorts and a blue Salvatore gym shirt tied to make a crop top. Her hair's tied up into a half ponytail. She sat leaned over, with her and Jed's body pressed against each other and his thick, muscular arms wrapped around her waist just below her butt. Their lips finally came apart after a good five minutes, but only because she heard the knocking at the door.

"Evelyn? Aunt Bon's here to pick you up!" Josie yelled through the door, causing both Eve and Jed to completely freeze in their tracks. Before he had the chance to say anything, Eve swiftly covered his mouth and sat up completely.

"Yeah! Uh- Yea! Just tell her I'm coming-- almost finished packing up!" Eve yelled in return to Josie, turning her face to Jed and mouthed 'Hide, now,' before hopping from on top of him and dropping her hair down to hide the hickies, rather quickly at that.  Josie, meanwhile, still tried at the door while Jed swiftly ran into her closet, nearly silently.

Summer is here, I'm not getting caught up now. Eve thought to herself while fixing her outfit for a swift moment before closing her closet door and moving to her actual room door. She unlocked the door, a smile on her face as she looked to one of her two best friends, Josette Saltzman.

"Hey, sorry! I didn't realize the door was locked. Must've done it automatically!" Eve spoke with a laugh and a smile, lying clear through her teeth with no hesitance. Without question, she got that from her dad.

"Yeah, it's-it's fine! Do you need any help with your bags?" Josie spoke softly, beginning to move inside though stopped by Eve, who refuses to move from the doorway.

"I love you, J, and you know you guys are welcome to visit on the 4th of July. But, it's Summer. You need to have fun without depending on Lizzie. Find a summer fling, call me every day if you want. This summer is gonna fly by, honestly. So make the most of it while you can." Eve spoke softly, pulling Josie into a tight hug with her chin resting over/upon her shoulder.

"I love you too, Eve," Josie spoke softly, basically relaxing beneath Eve's touch and letting out a long and smooth breath.

"So, I'll see you on the 4th, okay?" Eve spoke softly, pulling away from Josie with a soft and reassuring smile.

"Okay, I'll see you then," Josie responded with a smile, backing out from Eve's room and making way down the hall. Once the coast was clear, Eve closed the door once again and Jed moved from within the closet.

"So, it's time for you to go?" Jed spoke softly as he moved from within the closet, lifting his shirt from the floor and pulling it on once again, fixing his hair shortly after. Evelyn moved towards him, slipping her hand under his shirt and running up his chest.