Chapter Seven: "Death Keeps Knocking On My Door"

Evelyn sits at a table, looking at the blank piece of paper and pen in front of her. She's dressed in a white shirt underneath a plaid thin strap dress and red shoes. She slowly picks up the pen and begins to write, addressing it to Nora Hildegard.

I didn't know you well and I've never met you, but I've heard stories about you. Like how you helped out my mom and Aunt Caroline when Aunt Caroline was giving birth. My mom said you...

Evelyn continues to write for a while before tucking the piece of paper into the envelope and placing it in the bowl shortly after Rafael. She walks along Hope and Raf, adjusting her book bag and nearly running into Hope when they stop walking. Her and Hope have nearly mirrored expressions on their faces as Rafael walks forward and hugs Cassie.

Evelyn and Hope both move down to the cellar. Evelyn let's Hope talk while she just stares at the Necromancer, listening to he speaks just as they turn to leave, the Necromancer yells.

"Bennett! You should talk to your father... I don't know if he's.. doing so well." The Necromancer calls out, Evelyn simply just looking back at him before being pulled up the stairs by Hope.

"He's just trying to get in your head," Hope says as they make way down the hall.

"Yeah... I know." Evelyn adjusts her bookbag halfway on her back, though she walks to her and Hope's dorm room instead of with Hope and Alaric. She takes a seat on her bed, sitting down slowly and unloading her book bag, sitting her things out across her bed.

Evelyn hops to her feet and slowly moves from her room and towards the cellar. She first peeks into the cellar stairs to make sure no one is already down there before slowly making way down the stairs.

"Contrary to your friend, you've never experienced any death. Not yet, anyway." The Necromancer speaks to her as she approaches the cell bars.

"Oh shut up. Why did you say to check up on my father? He's doing perfectly fine! My mom would contact me if he wasn't." Evelyn fixes a few strands of her hair, keeping her eyes on The Necromancer though.

"I think we both know that's not true. He's sick. He's on the brink of death if he's not already dead." The Necromancer smiles after talking.

"You're a liar! You're just trying to get in my head!" Evelyn walks forward, grabbing onto the bars and getting a bit loud.

"Your father's dead Bennett! Just come to the realization. He's dead!" The Necromancer yells back, the voice clearly loud enough to be heard from the hallway.

"You're a dirty fucking liar! I would know! I would fucking know if my dad was dead you piece of shit!" Evelyn begins to go for the door only to feel two arms wrap around her and she gets carried up the stairs, still yelling to the Necromancer that he's a liar.

Once they reach the top of the stairs, Alaric drops her and she turns to him.

"Why the hell were you down there?" Alaric looks to her.

"Because he told me my dad was dead and I know that's not true! I had to talk to him again! I shouldn't have gone down there, I know, but you have to understand I was curious." Evelyn fixes her hair while looking up to Alaric, fixing her skirt and shirt as well.

"Don't go down there again while he's here." Alaric walks away from her and she glances back to the door for a moment before walking back to her dorm, ignoring the staring eyes from her peers.

Evelyn enters her dorm and shuts the door behind herself, taking a seat on her bed, picking up one of her books, and beginning to study, fidgeting while doing so. She grabs her notebook and begins to write down for a long minute before deciding not to send it and continuing to work on her work.

To her surprise, she falls asleep studying instead of worrying, waking up from her nap to.. nothing. Evelyn glances over to Hope's bed before climbing out of her bed. She looks outside to see it's dark outside and she has to go to scatter the notes with everyone else.

Evelyn slides on her shoes and slips her phone into her pocket before leaving the room and making way down the hall and to the cemetery with everyone else. She takes her notes, including the one she wrote to her late great grandmother and moves to the 'Bennett' area.

She squats down and puts the two notes in front of the gravestone stating 'Sheila Bennett.'

N O T E
Yes, I know this is short too but the next ones will be longer.