Chapter Eleven: "The Boy Who Still Has A Lot Of Good To Do"

Present
Evelyn rolls over in her bed, covered completely by her covers. She sits up once she hears Hope walk in.

"Hey?" Evelyn sighs, seeing the worried look on her face.

"What's wrong?" Evelyn hops up to her feet, moving towards Hope.

"MG and Landon are missing." Hope looks at Evelyn.

"What do you mean they're missing?" Evelyn tucks a few strands of her hair behind her ear.

"I mean Landon, Rafael, and MG left campus to go see MG's parents and only Rafael came back." Hope speaks quickly, fidgeting q bit.

"How can I help?" Evelyn turns and slides on her shoes before turning back towards Hope.

After Rafael renders Emma unconscious, Evelyn moves into the room, guiding Hope over to a chair.

"We don't need...that." Evelyn signals do the serum in Hope's hand as she places her fingers on his temples.

"This won't hurt too much. I've never tried it, but my ancestor, Quetsiyah, performed it on a Stefan Salvatore way back when my mom was still with Jeremy Gilbert." Evelyn gags for a moment before closing her eyes.

"I'm sorry." Evelyn breathes softly, starting. Immediately, he begins to tense up.

"Remember what happened. Remember what happened after Landon was getting chased. Who was chasing Landon? Where are they at?" Evelyn opens her eyes, struggling to keep Rafael still as she continues. He's in immense pain, though he tries to fight it. She let's go after a moment, wiping the blood dripping from her nose.

"I remember, partially." Rafael shakes off the pain he was just feeling, looking up to Hope. She rides with them to the area where Raf had told them about.

Evelyn goes over to Hope once she collapses, pulling her into a hug, looking over to the whole scene with the boys, a few tears running down her face. Once Hope is ready to get up, Evelyn stands up with her and walks over to MG, kneeling down by him.

"You're not a monster, MG. You're not a demon." Evelyn places her hand on his face, running her thumb over his skin.

"You've got a lot of good left to do." Evelyn stands up afterwards, allowing Hope to help MG before she runs after Hope, tears running down her face once again after she sees Rafael and Hope, causing her to stop and back up a bit, covering her mouth. She stays silent until Landon's body starts smoking.

"Is he supposed to do that..?" Evelyn moves forward, looking at his body. She backs up a bit once it ignites in flames, watching silently until Landon breaks out.

"He's... a Phoenix.. like from Harry Potter. A fucking firebird." Evelyn watches, tears still in her eyes as she backs up a bit while he stands up.

N O T E S
Correction: this is the shortest chapter.