Chapter Three: "We're Being Punked, Pedro"

Evelyn sits in class, in between Hope and another random witch. She's dressed in a long-sleeve black Salvatore School sweatshirt cut into a crop top, a yellow plaid shorts, and some black ankle boots. Her hair was down and she had on her usual necklace plus some bracelets and a pair of simple hoop earrings.

Evelyn looks up with everyone else when Dorian gets the little floating letter and is genuinely surprised when she hears her name.

"What am I in trouble for? I'm a cheerleader!" Evelyn stands up with the other 3, following alongside them to Headmaster Saltzman.

After everyone finishes complaining, Evelyn speaks up.

"So why am I going? I'm a cheerleader." Evelyn pouts, leaning on the rail alongside Lizzie.

"You were also the only cheerleader to punch another cheerleader in the face." Alaric looks to her, causing her to stand up fully.

"Fair enough. Did you call my dad? Please don't say you told my mom." Evelyn looks to Alaric, a sense of hope in her face.

"Yes. I talked to both of them." Evelyn pouts after Alaric tells her before She, Lizzie, and Josie walks to the bus, leaving Hope with Alaric.

Evelyn watches the whole scene go on before everyone separates off and she jogs over to a wall of graffiti and picking up a spoon, beginning to scrub it down.

Evelyn watches as Lizzie storms off, dropping her sponge and making way over to Lizzie before she can pass her.

"What happened, Liz?" Evelyn looks at Lizzie's shirt, frowning slightly.

"Connor happened!" Lizzie moves past Evelyn and Evelyn looks towards the way of Connor and his group, beginning to storm towards them, her hands in fists, nearly blinded with sudden anger. Just before she reaches them, she's picked up by Kaleb and carried off back to the wall she was working on and dropped down.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Bennett?" Kaleb looks down at her, yelling slightly.

"I was just gonna, I don't know, ignite him in hellfire and burn every piece of hair off his body? That little bitch Dana too! How could you just stand there and let them throw a fucking drink on her! Are you stupid?" Evelyn yells to Kaleb, loud and clear, despite him looking at her like she's an angry puppy.

"Just calm down. Go take a break or something." Kaleb puts his hands on her arms, which calms her for a moment before she backs away from him.

"Okay... I will. I'll go to the grill and get a milkshake or something.. by myself." Evelyn smiles awkwardly before jogging down the sidewalk and towards the grill.

Evelyn enters the grill and takes her phone from her back pocket, going to the counter.

"Hi, can I have a-" Evelyn begins to speak but stops, being interrupted by the older man behind the bar.

"Bonnie Bennett?" The man asks, a slight smile on his face.

"No. That's my mom. Now can I have a Cookies N' Cream milkshake? Whip cream on top, cookie pieces on the bottom, add chocolate drizzle all through." Evelyn takes out a 10 dollar bill from the back of her phone case.

"Keep the change." Evelyn hands over the money and smiles before moving off to the side, waiting to hear her name to be called while tapping her foot impatiently. She eventually gets her milkshake and walks outside, sitting down at one of the tables and sipping it, tapping her right foot.

Evelyn spends a good amount of time there, finishing her milkshake before walking back over to her wall and continuing to clean up the graffiti.

She's soon approached by Josie and Hope.

"We need to go back to school." They say in unison.

"Okay." Evelyn hops up, following them and going to the school. She listens while Alaric explains everything, following close to Josie and Hope, leaving her close to the gargoyle. She gets a good hit in before joining hands with Hope, on the other side of her from Josie.

"Fluctus inpulsa. Fluctus inpulsa. Fluctus inpulsa. Fluctus inpulsa. Fluctus inpulsa!" Evelyn watches as the gargoyle explodes, turning to Hope and Josie after, a slight smile on her face. It fades when she sees Josie's face and as she watches her storm off.

After, Evelyn goes up to her room and pulls out the prism, just as Emma Tig walks into her room.

"I need that back, Evelyn." Emma walks closer, holding her hand out.

"Alright.. just promise if I ever need it again, I can get it." Evelyn holds the prism out to Emma, pouting a bit.

"I promise." Emma takes the prism and leaves Evelyn and Hope's room, leaving Evelyn sitting on her bed. She breathes softly and crosses her legs, focusing on touching her thumb to each of her fingers.

Hope pops her head into the room.

"Hey, Eve, Ric wants to talk to all of us."

"Okay." Evelyn hops up from her bed and slides on her shoes before following Hope downstairs and taking a seat in a chair next to Lizzie, placing her hand on Lizzie's and squeezing it a tiny bit, though staring at Kaleb and listening to Ric, thinking to herself.

It happened. He fed of a human. He fed off Dana. To be fair, that bitch deserves to be a little woozy for a while.

Once the speech is over and while all the upperclassmen are hanging around, Evelyn goes to a two-person couch and sits down, spreading her legs across it, only to be approached shortly by Kaleb.

"Listen, Kaleb. We can be friends, but I'm not into you like that." Evelyn lies through her teeth as she looks up to Kaleb, who moves her legs aside and takes a seat, causing her to turn.

"I've talked to some people. They said you're good with seeing into the near future. You get feelings and sometimes visions. I don't want to know what you saw or felt about me, but I'm fine with us being just friends." Kaleb speaks softly, looking over to Evelyn.

"Alright, since we're friends. Tell me. Why do you feel the need to feed of humans when we have blood bags here? Don't get me wrong; Dana deserves to be a little confused for a day, but it's against the rules." Evelyn sits up, watching Kaleb automatically get a little tense when she asks.

"Listen. We all break rules sometimes. If we're gonna be friends, please don't ask about that." Kaleb answers quickly, keeping his eyes away from her.

"Okay, then you don't ask about anything regarding me a special type of witch. Or anything about my mom, who is in some of the books in the library." Evelyn crosses her arms, still looking at Kaleb.

"Alright." Kaleb smiles a bit, picking up his head and looking at Evelyn.