Chapter Two: "Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn"

Evelyn wakes up on her bed, only startled by the sound of her room door shut. She glances over to Hope's bed, seeing that she wasn't there and that she was the one who had just left their room.

She climbs to her feet, slowly manually making up her bed before walking to her closet. She grabs her cheerleading uniform from her closet and her white tennis shoes, along with her hygiene box thing and a towel before leaving her room and heading to the bathroom, sliding into the shower as soon as she gets in there.

Once she gets out of the shower, Evelyn quickly gets dressed and towel dries her hair before pulling it up into a high ponytail. She secures it with two clear hair ties before tying on her bow. She then does her usual, simple makeup and slides on her socks and slippers before leaving the bathroom, bumping into a tall, muscular, dark-skin as she leaves.

"Oh shit! My bad!" Evelyn picks up her towel that had dropped before looking up, her eyebrows raising a bit.

"Kaleb, right? You're on the flag football team!" Evelyn smiles a bit, taking in his looks. This was one of the first times she had actually talked to him despite him being here for the whole year so far and them having mutual friends.

"Yeah, that's me. You're Evelyn, the Bennett witch." Kaleb laughs slightly, looking down at Evelyn. Seeing his smile makes Evelyn smile a bit more.

"Yeah, that's me. I would stay and chat but I see you still have to get ready and I have places to be. I'll see you at the game!" Evelyn smiles and turns, walking away and to her and Hope's dorm fairly quickly, leaving Kaleb to just watch her walk away.

After putting her things away, she grabs one of her finished spiral notebooks and a pencil before going to the dining hall. She grabs herself some sausage, bacon, and random fruit all in a bowl and a small bottle of orange juice before finding a seat and sitting down. She takes her phone from her pocket and scrolls through it while eating, leaving her orange juice open.

Eventually, Evelyn finishes eating and puts everything in their appropriate place before making way back to her dorm and walking inside, flipping down onto her bed.

After spending a good while in her room, Evelyn grabs her pom-poms and heads out to the football field and to the sidelines. She sits down on the bottom seat on the chair and stretches, watching Kaleb while doing so. He flashes a smile her way before heading to the middle of the field with Josie and Lizzie.

Evelyn stands up, faces the crowd, and puts a big smile on her face.

"Wooo!" Evelyn yells while shaking one of her pom-poms in the air, lifting a leg up as well, generally just trying to get the crowd hype.

Evelyn had been cheering for the Stallions ever since she got in the right grade, and she had always been captain too. It wasn't gonna change now.

Lizzie makes way over to Evelyn and pulls her aside.

"Hope took my dad! And Raf! Dreamy, Dreamy Raf! To go find Landon!" Lizzie whines, fixing her ribbon.

"Have you ever though that maybe Ric took them? Not everything is Hope's fault." Evelyn keeps her eyes on the cheerleaders to make sure they're doing what they're supposed to.

"Of course you're going to side with her!" Lizzie begins to storm away, only for Evelyn to grab her by her arm.

"I am not taking anyone's side. I'm simply stating that Hope is not the problem. You just make her be." Evelyn let's go of Lizzie and goes back over to her cheerleaders, talking to them for a moment before turning towards the Wolves' cheerleaders and crowd.

"Come get you some!" She yells, starting the chant.

"If you're ready, If you want it, come and get it! Come get you some!" Evelyn yells once again before the rest of her cheerleaders join in as the game starts. Soon, half of them split up, some facing the crowd and some facing the field, Evelyn is one facing the field and cheering, watching the game.

Evelyn watches as Lizzie throws the ball just as she gets tackled by Dana, beginning to cheer fairly loudly once MG catches it. She jumps in the air and waves her pom-poms, yelling.

"Let's go MG! Woooo!" She smiles before going over to the rest of the cheerleaders and telling them it's time for them to tumble, since they finally made a touchdown, and picks a few cheerleaders before throwing her pom-poms in a pile with everyone else's who she picked.

Evelyn watches the other cheerleaders go before doing two back handsprings and then a tuck backflip, lifting one leg and cheering before grabbing her Pom poms and going back to her spot facing the game, continuing to cheer.

The cheerleaders alternate tumbling with each touchdown they make. They do group stunts with Evelyn as one of the flyers, doing a simple heel stretch and then a back tuck down, for the tying touchdown.

During timeouts, they chat among themselves, Evelyn throwing a few smiles and winks at Kaleb while doing so before continuing on her conversation.

Once they lose the game, Evelyn stands at the sidelines, watching the other team, specifically Dana, a scowl on her face. Despite her anger, Evelyn is the only cheerleader to join in after Lizzie decks Dana.

Evelyn walks back into the school and is one of the first ones to the bathroom, though she is on her phone as she walks back to her room, dressed in some black leggings and a grey Salvatore shirt. She stops walking just before she runs into someone. To her luck, it's Kaleb again.

"Hey, Kaleb! Y'all played a good game. Maybe you and MG are valuable to the team." Evelyn smiles, tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ear since it's down from the right high ponytail it's been in all day.

"We lost... but you had your doubts? Come on now, you had to know I was gonna be a lot of good." Kaleb jokes slightly, despite being a bit upset at how the game turned out.

"Of course I had my doubts. I'm a witch, not a psychic. I had no idea how the game would turn out." Evelyn laughs and begins to walk away, though Kaleb gently grabs her arm. As soon as he grabs her arm, she yanks it away, having seen something.

"I've- I've got to go." Evelyn forces a smile onto her face before walking away from him and to her and Hope's dorm at a reasonable pace, despite her worries from what she just saw.

Evelyn closes her dorm door behind herself before going to her nightstand and taking out Emma's prism, holding it for a moment before her mother pops up next to her.

"Hey, Fake mom. I wanna talk about something I saw when I touched this boy I.. find attractive." Evelyn laughs at the end part, looking to her 'Mother.'

"Alright. But why aren't you telling your real mom about this?" The figure speaks back.

"Because she would tell Ric, and I could be misinterpreting this. I just need to vent for like 5 minutes. Anyways. This boy, Kaleb, he's really attractive and a little while ago, when I was trying to walk away, he grabbed me and I had a.. vision? You know, the ones I usually do sometimes. And I saw him feeding, on Dana. From Mystic Falls High. What should I do? Besides, tell an adult." Evelyn stops speaking after that, looking to the figure.

"I don't know. I'm not your mom." Her 'Mother' shrugs, causing Evelyn to get annoyed.

"Just go away." After saying that, the figure just disappears and she puts the crystal back away in her nightstand, flopping back onto her bed and eventually dozing off.