Serenitea Pot

"Y/n?  I've been wondering something."

I turned back from claiming my commission rewards in Liyue and tilted my head. "What's up?" I instantly recognized the thoughtful, hesitant-to-ask expression.

"Someday. Would it be possible... to visit your Serenitea Pot again?" Xiao glanced to the side, fidgeting with his sleeve.

"Yeah, of course! You know you can visit anytime you want-"

"I would prefer if you came with me." Xiao interrupted, faltering when he met my eyes. "W-when I'm alone, it's boring." he crossed his arms. "I understand if you're busy."

"Huh...? But you visited so often, even when I wasn't there?" I frowned. We began walking out of Liyue Harbor, Xiao stubbornly staring straight ahead. "What it because you didn't know if I was there??"

"I... hoped you would be." Xiao blushed, clearing his throat. "Although you were more often not."

"Oh no, Xiao, you should've told me!" I stopped in the middle of the bridge and he stopped with me, embarrassment taking over his blank face. "I would've loved to spend more time with you there... oh. Oh."

"What?" Xiao's blush faded. "It's not anything important-"

"Did you only ask me out there because I was never there when you visited?" I asked, gaping at him. "That makes a lot of sense-"

"Wh- No!" Xiao flushed all over and shook his head. "That's not it. I- well... partly. You know that's not the only reason, though-"

"Yeah, I know." I laughed lightly and reached out to take his hand. "Well, since I'm scarcely there, want to go now?"

"...that would be nice." Xiao smiled and took my hand. With my free hand, I summoned Madame Ping's teapot, and carefully opened the lid. The space around us spun and shimmered....

And a moment later we were standing inside. The sun shone just as brightly as in the real world, and the sky was completely clear of clouds. Xiao sighed quietly, a soft sound of relief and happiness.

"So... we're going to the beach, right." I said, not even asking. Xiao smiled and nodded. We walked through the tranquil landscape I'd built from the ground up... I felt more at peace with every step, and could tell Xiao did, too. When we reached the long stretch of the picture-perfect beach, I pulled off my boots and skipped barefoot onto the sand- but instantly regretted it- it was searing hot and I had to hop from one foot to the other. I heard Xiao laugh behind me.

"You're going to burn your feet." he commented.

"Not if I make it to the water first!" I cried, and sprinted over the sand- or tried to- but my feet couldn't stop slipping on the uneven surface. 

A gust of wind suddenly blew my hair forward and Xiao's arms slipped underneath me, carefully lifting me off the ground. I wrapped my arms around him as he jumped up and we shot through the air, so quickly everything else was a blur- but then we slowed... and our bare feet  delicately sunk into the shallow water.

"Show off." I chuckled, elbowing him away.

"Are your poor feet alright, my love?" Xiao grinned, leaning against me.

"Yes, all thanks to you, my hero." I turned quickly to kiss him on the lips- and was shocked when he didn't shy away... but took my face in his hands and kissed me back. "Who are you, and what did you do to Xiao?" I remarked sarcastically when he leaned back.

"And you say I'm the annoying one..." he huffed, pretending to look grumpy.

"No, c'mere, it was sweet-" I went to kiss him again and he leaned into it, a smile on his lips. "We should definitely come here more often. I sighed, resting my head against his chest. He was so warm... 

"Mhm..." Xiao gently wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on my head.

A salty breeze ruffled our clothes, and after a few long, quiet moments... "Xiao, your heart is beating really fast. Is something wrong?"

"Ha. I knew you would hear... you always notice everything. Nothing is wrong. I... couldn't be happier now."

"But...?" I said, looking up. Of course I always knew when he was holding back.

"You're just too perfect." he blurted, then snapped his mouth shut. Tomato-red spots bloomed on his cheeks and he quickly looked away.

"Thank you..." I beamed. "That really came out of nowhere. You have to warn me when you're going to blow me away with a compliment so nice!" I laughed.

Xiao relaxed, meeting my eyes again. "It's just... in moments like these... in a paradise where everything... and everyone- is safe and well and... perfect... I can't help it. I'm so... grateful to be here. With you." he bumped his head against mine. "I must be the most lucky being to ever breathe, for me to somehow be your love."

I laughed again, squeezing him in a quick hug before I could resist. "I feel the exact same way. Xiao. I couldn't be happier to be here with you." I met his smile with my own again.

"You have no idea... how much that means to me..." he whispered, delicately tucking awry strands of hair behind my ear. He kissed my forehead and leaned into me again.

Another stretch of silence...

"Okay, but what would you think if I invited Childe-"

"No."

"Don't you think it would be funny, watching him get bored out of his mind...? And not knowing how to leave...?" I grinned and Xiao scoffed, rolling his eyes. 

"As satisfying as that would be, for this realm's safety, don't you dare invite him."

"Okay. Do you want to go pet some cats?"

"Hm?"

"Cats. I have a lot." I giggled. "They remind me of you sometimes."

"How... do I remind you of cats?" Xiao frowned with a perplexed look. I simply reached up and stroked his head. He blinked quickly, but as I pet it again, my fingers sliding through his silky locks, he leaned into my palm, eyes sliding shut. "Ah." His eyes shot open as he realized what he was doing. "I see." He coughed, taking my wrist and lowering it. "I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing the cats."

So a bit later, we sat surrounded by cats- rubbing up against our knees, purring up a storm as we pet them. I glanced at Xiao out of the corner of my eye a couple times- he was positively glowing, a smile on his face the whole time. He'd even taken his gloves off, but I barely saw them as he kept burying his hands in the cats' fur.

They eventually wandered off, so we went inside and snuggled on the couch in front of the fireplace, losing track of time completely as we escaped from the outside world.

________________________________________________________________

(A/N- Wrote this all in one night, just a chill chapter- hey, I'm still recovering from the last part too! Tried to be vague on the teapot details to leave it up to your guys' imagination! And there's a lot of tests coming up, might take me a bit to upload again. T_T Stay safe everyone! -Acorn)