Chapter 27.

As I walked up the stairs to the middle floor, where the living room was located along with the master bedroom, I could feel my heart beating in my throat. I was about to see my Father, and by see I actually mean approach him. I've seen him, I've seen him plenty, and I don't ever want to see him again. Although I couldn't feel Evan's hands on me, I could feel him walking behind me. It was nice knowing that boy will be sticking by my side, no matter what.

Before I took the last step up, I was able to see the kitchen, and my beautiful mother unpacking the groceries she had brought. Her black hair was up in a pony tail, her blue eyes were focused on the bags that filled the floor, and at this very moment I relaized that I hadn't seen my Mom like this in a long time. Her with her hair up, her eyes roaming the kitchen floor deciding on what's next to put away. It almost reminded me of the old days, when it was just her, my Dad, and me. I felt Evan's hand on my back startling me; I almost forgot that this wasn't the old times, this was the present and I am about to greet the man who abandoned me when times got too rough for him. I turned around to see Evan, and I also got to see Mr. Moore making his way past us to get to the top. Evan and I moved to the side, to allow Mr. Moore access to the top of the stairs.

"You can do this," Evan signed.

I smiled at him, but not because of the words he used, but because of the sign language. This boy who everyone said couldn't care about a girl, cared enough about me to learn sign language, and to come on this pointless vacation. I finally responded to Evan with a slight nod, and his beautiful dimpled smile showed.

Evan held my hand, and once he did I fully walked up the stairs. My Mom noticed me and Evan, but instead of greeting us she just didn't. She looked at us, said nothing, and continued on handling the bags on the kitchen floor. It hurt seeing my Mom pretend I'm a stranger, just because I fell in love with this amazingly beautiful guy. Evan got in front of me, and instead of me pulling him through the way, he was pulling me. Evan dragged me to the living room area of this second floor, and I quickly noticed Mr. Moore, and my Father. My breath hitched in my throat, my legs froze on the spot, and I didn't want to walk any further. I didn't want to go up to him, I didn't want to talk to him, I didn't want to see him.

Evan noticed my hesitation to walking towards him, and he gladly stopped walking me. Evan turned around, a small almost invisable smile on his lips; I know he was trying to calm me, to make this seem not so bad, but it is bad. Evan stood next to me, and he wrapped an arm around my waist. I felt safer with Evan here, although all I really wanted was just to go hide in our rooms. I don't want to deal with my parents, especially my Dad.

As Evan and I stood there, behind the living room couch, it didn't take my Dad long to notice us. Mr. Moore was sitting on the couch that was to the side, trying to figure out the TV remote, while my Father stood by the side of the TV. As I looked at my Father, he looked so familiar to me. This was the man who left me, but before he left, this was the man I loved so much as my Dad.

"Are you goonna be able to go anywhere with your little body guard?" My Dad asked.

I was shocked to see him sign, but I tried to hide my expression. On the other hand, I wanted to yell at him for calling Evan my body guard. Evan isn't my body guard, he's my boyfriend who cares about me, and he knows how I'll feel if he left my side.

"He isn't my body guard," I corrected him.

My Dad smiled, it was a creepy smile that I hate seeing on him. My Dad turned to walk towards Evan and I, and I immediately felt my body tense. He stood in front of us, and the time seemed to have slowed down. I want to get this over with, I want to be gone from this moment and be back in the moment in Evan's and my room.

"It's nice to see you again Luna, you've grown into a beautiful young lady," my Father said.

I know he called me beautiful to be fatherly, but anything he says won't help tie us back to how we use to be. He left when things got hard for him, and he came back when things seemed easier for him to return.