Chapter 11.

For the past week the rumors of me sleeping with Evan, or whatever, died down. Everyone seemed to have gotten the information from different people, but the word got around school that Evan and I are just friends.

All the smirks I got from girls in Group 1, girls who slept with Evan, stopped. The dirty looks from Group 2, girls who want to sleep with Evan, pretty much still continued. I know a few people are curious why Evan would agree to be friends with me. Girls don't get it, and guys don't either. Girls don't get it because no matter how much they tried this week, Evan still only seems to have eyes for me. And guys don't get it because no matter how many times they try to get at me, I just don't seem interested in them.

The fact that I don't seem interested in them has nothing to do with Evan, but everyone seems to think that it does. I'm just not interested in them because I don't want to be in a relationship. Even if I could trust Evan with my heart and all that cliche stuff, I would still have a problem; Mom.

My Mom still hates Evan, and I can't see myself being with any guy my Mom doesn't approve of. I've already had to lie to her multiple times to just sneak around with him; and that party. I can't lie to her if I'm with him. And even if I am with him, and I try to talk to her about him, I'm not sure how she'll feel about his past. I told her everything I knew about him from the moment I heard about it, and the only reason I told her was to rant. Now that I might have a slight, tiny, interest in him, I'm starting to regret it. I wish Mom never knew anything about Evan. Maybe that way, she'll approve of him.

~*~

Since Monday I've been waiting for Friday to arrive, since Evan offered to drive me home. It's a short drive from here to my house, ten minutes tops, but I'm excited to spend some time with him. I'll have to probably keep on staring at him like a weirdo in the car in case he talks to me, but I don't care. If it's too much I'll probably put in my earphones, but before I do I'm going to really try and keep a conversation going on with him. I don't know what's been up with me lately. One day I wanted nothing to do with Evan, and now I'm willing to try and hold a conversation with him.

I know why though. I feel like he saved me from being raped, something that I've been scared of from the moment I heard of it. Also I know have this safe feeling with him. Once when I was alone Todd tried to talk to me, but Evan swooped in from thin air and basically scared him away. I know now Todd wouldn't have the courage to come up to me and try to talk to me, because I know for a fact that while I was growing this new found small trust for Evan, Todd was growing this fearful one. I saw how Evan left Todd's face, and I can only say that I wish he could of done worse. It wasn't enough for what he tried to do to me. He had a black eye, bruised cheek, more severely cut lip than Evan, and his eyebrow was also split. It looked like he was in pain, which I was really happy about.

Once everyone exited out the classroom I did the same, and Evan was right behind me. I turned around to look at my very attractive new-ish friend and smiled, he returned the smile just as enthusiastically.

"I'm still taking you home, right?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes, and you can't go back on it because you already offered and I have no other ride. I just need to put these books in my locker and get my homework," I explained. Evan nodded.

"Alright, I need to go to my locker too, so I'll meet you at the car," before Evan could leave my side I grabbed his arm.

"Please, come with me?" I asked him desperately.

This past week I've been walking from class to class, place to place, with at least one person. I feel safe that way, and it makes me feel like Todd won't even look my way. But I always feel safer with Evan, so this past week we've been spending more time than usual together, but I'm not complaining.