Chapter 3.

The wedding Mom and I went to this weekend was really fun. The couple really seemed to be in love, which just made me smile. The way the groom would gently hold his bride closely to his body, and the way the bride would gently touch the groom's shoulders, those small gestures really showed the love the two had for one another. That's why I love weddings, instead of the love they show for one another making me bitter and jealous, it makes me happy. True love is beautiful, no matter who it happens to. Love is love, and if it's beautiful like the one this weekend, than you know it's true love.

I absolutely loved being around the bride and groom, not only were they high school sweethearts, but they were also just sweethearts to everyone. They talked to me, unlike many of the other brides and grooms I met throughout my life. They both asked about my boyfriend, which I told them I didn't have one (teenage guys were just stupid), and for some reason the bride just sort of gasped. All I told her was that I didn't have a boyfriend, that I was single, but yet she was still a little shocked. She told me about how beautiful I was, how every single guy or girl who couldn't see my beauty were just blind. I remember slightly giggling at that. I don't consider myself ugly, but I also don't see this beautiful breath taking girl a lot of people tell me about when I look in the mirror. I just find it funny and amusing when people call me beautiful, because I just see myself as a regular deaf girl. After a slight shock the bride smiled, and was happy to hear that I was saving myself for someone special, just like she did. She told me not to fall for the stupid guys and just wait for the right one, which I was happy to do. Besides, other than Evan I really don't find any of the other guys at school attractive.

Passing period for third was happening right now. As I knelled down in front of my bottom locker, many feet and bodies shuffled past me. I didn't hear them (obviously) I just saw them from the corner of my eyes and felt the small wave of winds they left behind. My earphones were still plugged into my ears and my iPod, music was blasting loud as it usually did. I pulled out my blue binder from the crowded locker just to have all these different papers fly out. I sighed a little frustrated; today just didn't seem to be my day. I quickly grabbed the papers from the ground, stuffing them all back into my messy locker without looking at them. Just as I was about to shut the metal box, I felt someone take my white beanie from my head. With my binder in hand I stood up and pulled the earphones out of my ear, looking straight at the boy who took my, what I like to call, security blanket.

I didn't just wear beanies because I liked the style they gave me, I wore them because they cover my ears. I don't know what it is about having my hair down and wearing a beanie to cover my ears that makes me feel so safe about it. I feel like if I cover my ears no one will be able to tell that I'm deaf, and if they can't tell then I can fit in with everyone.

At first I thought it was Evan who took the beanie away from me, but surprisingly it wasn't. The guy who stood before me was none other than Todd King. Todd was basically the guy in school who would get a lot of girls if Evan Moore didn't exist; at least that's what I noticed. You can't really deny the beauty this boy holds with his blond hair falling perfectly over his blue eyes. In my opinion Todd was handsome, but Evan was way more attractive than him; as for their attitudes, I can't really judge. I don't know Todd all that well, to me he's just the guy who sits next to me in forth period, which was math. I never really talked to him either, unless it was for the occasional do you have a pencil? Can I copy your homework? What did you get for #3? Other than that we were pretty quiet with one another.

"Oh, hi Todd. Can I have my beanie back?" I asked unsure of myself. How I said before, we didn't really talk to each other, so him just coming up to me taking my beanie away was a little weird. Todd slightly chuckled and handed me the beanie, which I gladly took and placed it on my head where it belongs.