ii. the pharmacy

"MOM?" y/n called, she has just got home from school. "mom?" she called out once again. hearing no response, she went upstairs to her room searching for her money to go to the arcade.

"y/n? is that you?" she heard from downstairs. "are you going to that arcade again?" her mom asked, as y/n go downstairs. "you know, it's summer. you're supposed to have fun with your friends.. go to the quarry, anything."

"you know i don't have any, mom." she reminded.

"i know, i'm just telling you to not waste this summer." her mom stands up. "can you buy me some stuff from the pharmacy?" y/n's mom grabs her wallet from her purse. "uh, sure." she smiled. 

"here, you can keep the change and buy something else. thanks y/n!" handing y/n the money. y/n then went outside and grab her skateboard, planning to go to the arcade after buying them.

"I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THIS SHIT." y/n whispered to herself as she looked through the shelves, her mom asked her to buy a tampax. 

"can we afford all that?"

"that's all we got."

y/n heard from the other aisle. she looked to her left and saw another girl, known as beverly looking through the same shelves as her. "do you need any help?" y/n offered.

"oh, sure. thanks." beverly smiled. y/n grabs 2 boxes and hand them to beverly. 

"if my mom finds out i bought all this stuff for myself... i'm spending the whole rest of the weekend in the emergency room getting x-rayed." they both heard again.

they both then walks out of the aisle and is about to go to the counter to pay for it, when she sees greta coming her way.

"see you later, dad."

see you, greta."

they quickly goes to the next aisle to avoid another round of harassment from greta, where she runs into bill and the others. both hides the tampax behind their back as bill and eddie glance at them.

"it's you again, you okay?" bill asked.

"we're fine, what's wrong with you?" beverly eyed.

"that's none of your business." stan rolled his eyes. "there's a kid outside. looked like someone killed him." eddie answered. "we need some supplies, but we don't have enough money." bill answered too.

beverly looked at them, then to y/n signaling her to follow behind.

"i like your glasses, mr. keene. you look just like clark kent." y/n said. "

oh. i don't know about that." mr. keene chuckles. "can i try them?" beverly asked. "mmm. sure." he hands his glasses to beverly and she puts them on. "what do you think?" beverly asked. 

"well, how about that? you look just like lois lane."

"really? let me try them." y/n then puts the glasses on. "mmm, you look just like lois lane too." y/n and beverly laughs. 

"well, here you go." y/n hands him his glasses, knocking off several stuff off the counter. "shoot. i'm so sorry." she 'apologizes'. "it's okay." mr. keene replied.

he bents down to pick up the stuff, that's where they signal them to run out and they did. after he's finished, y/n and beverly paid for their stuff and went out as they laugh.

"go get my bifocals. i hid 'em in my second fanny pack."

"why do you have two fanny packs?" stan asked.

y/n paused mid walking but beverly kept going, she reached in her pocket to see the change. as she looks up again, she sees bill's mouth open as he watched beverly go towards him.

she can't help but feel jealous

nobody has ever looked at her that way.

bill smiled for a second, "um, here." he tried to hand his money to beverly. she holds up a pack of cigarettes, "even steven." she winks.

bill then look towards y/n, she just shook her head and holds up the change from earlier. he smiled.

"oh, god, he's bleeding. oh, my god!" stan shouted. "ben from soc?" bev questions.

"you have to suck the wound before you apply the band-aids. this is 101." richie said. he then looks at y/n. "oh it's you again, hottie." she looks the other way and sighs.

"you don't know what you're talking about." 

"how do you even know, arcade girl?"

"oh trust me, i skate. it doesn't work like that." she rolls her eyes. "so you skate AND arcade. that's so hot." richie smirked.

"oh no, i'm good. i just... fell." ben tried.

"yeah. right into henry bowers." richie rolls his eyes.

"shut it, richie." bill said. "why? it's the truth." ben shrugs. "you sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" she smiled.

"you know, we'll take care of him. uh, thanks again, beverly and.." he paused. "y/n." she completed. "right, thanks y/n." he smiled. "sure. maybe i'll see you around." beverly smiled back.

"yeah, we were thinking about going to the quarry tomorrow, if you guys wanna come."

"good to know. thanks." y/n waves to all of them and skates away.