Chapter 3

"Marinette, Mom said sternly

"Marinette, Mom said sternly. "Can we talk?" "But, i have to help you, don't i? I ask. She crosses her arms. "After our discussion." Even Dad looked angry today, clearly, the school called. "Um, i can explain, I say nervously.

Mom huffed. "you better have an explain." "Well, Lila was bothering me and yeah, i had a rough day, I explain nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. "Seriously, Marinette, she is a nice girl! Mom scolded. "Be nice, i thought you were better than that."

"I am! She is not to be trusted, i promise!"

Mom approached me and hugged me."We believe you, always will, Marinette. Love you." "Love you too, Mom smiled. I was appreciative of my parents, at least they believed me. Tikki appeared in my room, a sad look on her face.

"Please, Marinette, don't let your emotions get to you! She advised. "You know Hawkmoth will take that as an advantage." I smile. "Of course i won't let him get to me! i have done it so many times before, stopping an akuma from getting to me!"

I stood confidently, knowing i could beat this fight.

As long as he doesn't discover my identity, of course. I hold Tikki in my hand as she snuggles into my face, i smile.

"You're the best, Tikki!"

"I know, you're the best too, Marinette!"

I was so lucky to have her as a kwami, instead of a boring old kwami, you know? I plopped onto the sofa in my room and was frustrated. I think Lila will get me expelled or something in the future, for now, i am keeping my guard up.

Hey, i am the only one who is doing that since everyone else thinks Lila is such an angel. "Tikki, can i admit something? I asked her. She flew to me and nodded. "What's wrong? You can tell me anything."

"i-i'm worried, about being akumatized, i'm too weak, I admit, not crying which shocked me, but my willpower took over. "You won't, you are a superhero, and won't give in to his darkness, Tikki assured me sweetly. 

"I wont! I insist, standing in a heroic position as if i was Ladybug right now, which i was not. There hadn't been any akumas lately, peaceful, actually. "It is so nice not having much akumas, I say. "That just means he has something big planned."

Tikki nodded. "Which is why you should be prepared for anything." I bit my lower lip, then crossed my arms. "Think Marinette! Think! What could he be planning?" I should be preparing, then i heard Mom.

"Sweetie, is everything okay? dinner is ready!"

Tikki hides somewhere as i come downstairs and sit at the table. "Honey, how was school? Dad asked. "Well, uh, good, i guess, I lied, if i said anything more about school, i would be ranting on and on about Lila.

"Marinette, any positives? Mom asked. "You normally have something positive." That's true mom, I thought. But this past week has NOT been good whatsoever.

"Well, uh, i passed a test in science, i say, nervously. "That is amazing! Mom exclaimed. "That means your grade in Science has improved, right?" I fake smile. "Mhm."

Recently, life has been total chaos, and it may be Lila's fault

Recently, life has been total chaos, and it may be Lila's fault.  Mom and Dad must be so disappointed in me at this point.

__________________________________________________________

Stepping into Alya's home for the sleepover, i felt a bit like she was going to side with Lila someday, you know that feeling when you know someone trusts another more than you? Maybe i'm just being insecure.

yeah, that's it. 

"Hey girl! Alya exclaimed, hugging me in excitement. "Thought you would ditch me and sulk in your room." She chuckled. "Mhm, I chuckled nervously. "But i of course would show up, you are my best friend after all."

We entered her bedroom and sat on her bed. "My sisters are sleeping, and this time, they won't get akumatized, She joked. "Yeah, that would be bad, I laugh."Anyways, what do you want to do?"

"I do want to watch a movie, what about you? we have snacks, candy soda, popcorn, etc."

"Sounds epic!"

We have only been best friends for a year or so, yet i felt like i had known her forever, she moved here over a year ago and helped me gain confidence on the first day, as the new girl, she was pretty confident!

Alya's parents were out on a movie date, and so, we would be watching a movie, doing some stuff then going to sleep. It felt like old times, and even though it had only been recent that things had changed, things seemed to be normal between us again.

Does she even notice?

As she set up the movie, I sigh."Hey Alya." "Yeah? She asks. I close my eyes then open them again." N-Nevermind, not important." She nodded, and we both giggled as the movie began, the night still young. 

Would it change all over again?

Alya squealed as the romance started in the movie, as for me? Rom-coms aren't my thing, but i really just watch them with Alya since she loves them. I cross my arms. "These are so cliché, aren't they?" Alya smiled. "I mean, of course, but i still love them, don't you?"

I shrug. "Prefer comedies, especially not horror movies." For some reason, scary movies always scared me, even if they are not scary at all. She chuckled, and turned back to the TV, my negative emotions vanished, thankfully. 

Maybe if i hadn't gone over to Alya's, then i would have been akumatized by now, I owe her. I was this close to breaking down and giving in. Because underneath Ladybug, who never gives up, is me,

a girl who gives in pretty easily.