Chapter 5

Why was i thinking about the past? I should be thinking about the future? New York was a good time, sure, but one of the saddest as well

Why was i thinking about the past? I should be thinking about the future? New York was a good time, sure, but one of the saddest as well. God, i am such a crybaby. I glanced around, my ladybug vision kicking in for some reason. 

Coincidentally(or not), it started to rain so i turned to the window in my room and started drawing, something that comforts me a lot. "Marinette, are you okay? Mom asked. I sigh as she peeks her head up the ladder. 

"Yeah, I'm fine Mom."

Mom smiled softly."Alright, Dinner is almost ready, okay?" I nod, then she leaves. The rain has always comforted me too, the first time me and Adrien met, actually, was in the rain.

or, at least the first time i realized my feelings for him. 

I was now sketching a girl, she had blue hair, bluebell eyes, had her hair in pigtails, and a wonderful kwami named Tikki. I frown, so me, i guess. I hadn't realized i had drawn myself until i saw the smile that was mine. 

I wanted Adrien to see me how i truly was, Ladybug. "Marinette! Dad called. "Dinner!" Disturbed, I stood up. 

"Coming Dad!"

__________________________________________________________

I sat down at the table, and started to eat. Mom randomly said, "How are you Marinette?" I thought about it for a moment, then responded, "I'm actually doing pretty well!" I wasn't lying, i was feeling really good for some reason.

Mom softly smiled. "That's what we wanted to hear, honey." Mom placed her hand on top of mine. "Honey, if you are being bullied, please let us know, Mom frowned, her tone going from happy to serious.

I sighed."I know, Mom. I always tell you everything, it's going good." "You sure? She asked. I nod. "I'm sure." I hate lying to my parents, but i have to, for their safety. I am managing my emotions well, because i am not giving into Hawkmoth, not this time. 

not ever.

As a superhero, i knew better. and decided to transform, i was going to find his lair, and once i found it, he would be gone. I should probably do this with Chat, but at the same time, I don't want to put him in danger. 

I soar through the sky confidently, looking around at the houses i passed by. Hawkmoth had dumb akumatized villains, but he was not dumb. His lair was well-hidden, i knew that.  Then, i gasped, noticing Adrien was there. Losing my grip, i started to fall, yoyo in hand. 

"Whoa! Adrien said, catching me in bridal style. "You alright?" I blush, his warm smile made my heart flutter. "Y-Yeah, I-I'm alright, I stutter, mentally scolding myself.  He chuckled, he was blushing too, i think.

"Surprised, Ladybug. You arent a clumsy girl at all, He said. "I normally am not, i just.. got distracted, I lied, biting my lower lip. "I need to go now, goodbye Adrien!" He waved and smiled. I wondered what he was thinking at that moment. 

Soon, i was on top of a building near the Agreste Mansion, main reason? My gut had a feeling about it. Like, a secret was being kept hidden. 

Perfect place for Hawkmoth's lair.  

I saw a car pull up, the same vehicle that was near Adrien when he caught me. He must be home by now, but why on earth was he standing there? Unless his bodyguard allowed it. My curiosity and feelings for him got to me, and i wanted to check it out. 

Suddenly, i was at his window, He saw me and let me in. "L-Ladybug? what are you doing here? Adrien asked. "Well uh, I came to talk to you, I said, being more professional now, despite wanting to faint and stutter and be a red mess.

"Alright, make sure my father doesn't see, okay? He asked, I sat on his bed and sighed. "I'm not sure on how i should say this to you. But, i have a bad feeling about your mansion, mind if i search it?"

He looked confused and slightly anxious, but nodded. "Of course, i promise, Ladybug, it is completely ordinary." I nod."I know, but it is suspicious. You don't have to go with me." He let me through and i smile, entering the main part of the house. 

The mansion in general seemed dull, besides Adrien's room. Then, i saw the door. Adrien did tell me before i left his room his father was currently gone. and the bodyguard was busy in his room. Nathalie went with.

Perfect timing. 

I entered the dining hall and gasped, seeing a painting of Adrien's missing mother. Maybe, this was what he was hiding... If Hawkmoth was who i thought he was, his lair would be somewhere here right?

My suspicions grew as i touched the painting, it was so beautiful, but i felt buttons and that was what made me feel more excited. Was i about to see the truth? See how blind i was? I touched them, and there i went, noticing a dark place filled with butterflies, white ones to be exact. 

I wanted to look, but there in the middle was a figure, and i knew who it was. 

Hawkmoth himself.

Should have known, Gabriel Agreste, most famous fashion designer ever, and the father of Adrien agreste, who would be so devastated to know his own father was a villain. This made me want to faint. But i kept my willpower. 

Be strong, Marinette, i thought, stepping slightly forward, hearing his own words. He sounded angry, angry at me for not letting him akumatize that innocent man who was having a rough day.

I was shocked he didn't hear me or even notice i had entered his lair. But, i knew that he will find me, I hid in the back of his lair, a butterfly landing on my finger. Then my face went pale when he said

"Hello Ladybug."