Chapter 8

Buckle up, this is where everything begins! also sorry for keeping this book on-hold for so long, like December 2021 i think? 

I was in an amazing mood, luckily the date had been on a Friday and it was now shortly after the date.  "Marinette, you are pretty happy, Alya chuckled. "Of course! I smiled. "Me and Felix went on a date and he's actually really sweet."

"For real?"

"Mhm." 

I was blushing, and Alya seemed to be really happy for me. "I didn't expect it to be Felix, Alya admits. "I mean, what happened to Adrien?" I sighed. "he never noticed me, Alya. and Felix does, he is so sweet once you get to know him."

Alya shrugged. "I think you got Adrien jealous, though." I raised an eyebrow. "He never cared before, it's his fault, besides i need to move on from him." Alya nodded. "You're right, Marinette." For so many years, I tried so hard to get Adrien to like me, but that never worked.

We both sat on the fountain at the park, smiling and giggling like we were 10 again, although i never met her back then, we most likely acted the same. Finally, the school day was over for the weekend, and I and Alya made plans. We normally did anyway, so it was pretty normal. 

"Okay girl, tonight should be so much fun! Alya exclaimed. I grinned and nodded."You know, it is always fun with you, Alya." She smiled."You as well, Mari." We continued chatting and then left, together. 

I don't know what I would do without her, to be honest, Like, would i have any other friends? Of course, I've got other friends, but not a best friend like her.  Plus, She gets me so well, a bit more than the others.

But, I love all of my friends equally, Alya is the only one who knows I'm Ladybug, I trust her that much, and she has not told anyone.

I was so happy. 

________________________________________________________

It was now Monday, Alya stopped texting me for some reason, but i just assumed she was busy, and didn't bother her once, because she deserved privacy and some space. I entered the school and everyone's eyes were on me.

Why? What did i do? 

As soon as i stepped into the class, even Miss Bustier looked angry at me, but i did nothing whatsoever. Lila looked like she was about to cry. Miss Bustier crossed her arms."Marinette Dupain-Cheng, would you like to explain yourself?"

"What is going on? I asked. Felix looked sad, so i hoped he believed me. "Don't play dumb! Adrien spat, which shocked me, he normally was so sweet, never raising his voice before. "W-What? I asked.

Miss Bustier showed me what happened, but i never harassed Lila, or even beat her up. "I promise, i did none of this! I defend myself. Alya rolled her eyes."I thought you were nice, Marinette. Guess not, I never really knew you after all."

I began to cry, clutching my bag, and went straight to the bathroom, Nobody believed me, even though nothing proved I actually did those things. I would never hurt Lila, even if i disliked her. Well, strongly disliked her, but not enough to do those things.

I sobbed."Why? Tikki, this must be her way of getting to me, it worked." Tikki looked at me."Marinette, don't let your negative emotions get to you." I look up at her."How? I have no more friends, even Adrien doesn't believe me, my life is over."

"Marinette-"

"I just want to be alone right now."

Tikki nodded, then disappeared. I normally could control my emotions, but everything had fallen apart, I lost my friends who believed one spoiled brat over their close friend. I didn't feel bad about calling her that.

She was more than an entitled brat, but i shouldn't give in, Hawkmoth might try and akumatize me. I sigh, slamming my fist against the wall, no longer able to control my emotions. I was just giving in, letting Lila get the best of me.

I tried so hard, but now, there was nothing for me to control, or even care about, all of my so-called friends betrayed me. I guess their true colors showed, They never cared about me even though i always was there for them.

I was sick of it, but there was nothing i could do, was revenge the best thing anyways? Fire with Fire? I should be thinking logically, like Ladybug, but i was going from my emotions, rather than following my mind and instincts.

I saved them plenty of times, unknowing to them but still. They believed Lila, so why should i ever be respectful to them after that? I continued to cry, this was it, i finally broke down. I doubt they even care, maybe even forgot i left the classroom. 

I wiped away the tears, even though i most likely was going to cry. Maybe i should just walk home, but my parents would lecture me and I'm not in the mood for dealing with that, so i had no choice.

Being in the bathroom was nice, nobody barely went in here, why? I'm not quite sure, but for a mental breakdown, it was a good spot. I put my head in my palms, deciding to take out my pigtails, putting the ties in my backpack.

I was probably now going to be picked on, or well, the new outcast of school, a loner, but that wasn't my biggest problem. At least people still loved Ladybug right? I was so close to quitting. 

All of a sudden, an all too familiar purple butterfly entered the stall, and I started to panic, did i truly want to be evil? No, but it would be good revenge, right? Show them all who i really am. I sighed, giving in as it entered my earrings, hearing Tikki.

"Lady Misfortune, I give you extreme power, but in return you give me the miraculouses, do we have a deal?"

"yes, hawkmoth."